ATF: Bighorn - Door side slide retracting

pjaylor

Hi,

We have a 2015 Big Horn 3570rs

Lately the door side slide has been hesitating and stopping when we retract the slides. After reading a few other threads we believe that a fuse isn't carrying the load or failing and needs to be upgraded. We found the fuse buss but don't know which fuse to replace.

Is there any schematic drawing of the fuses for our fifth wheel?

Thank you,

Pat

Brazos

pjaylor,
I have had the same issue with my 2015 3570RS. So I took the matter on and did a long time Lippert fix. Lippert came out with a fix for this problem a few years ago and I have had to do this on two rigs to solve the problem. I used two 50AMP breakers in parallel as pictured below.

DSCN0661.jpg

The breaker you ask about was the third breaker from the top of the buss bar. You can disconnect the cable from the breaker to test and make sure you have the right breaker. I relocated the two replacement breakers using a cable I made up. If you decide to use this method you can buy cable lugs and cable at ACE to do the job. Others have replaced the breaker with a new breaker. Replacing the 50 AMP breaker with one like used from the factory is not always a cure for this problem.

I did use the red protective safety boots on the exposed breaker studs. The photo above is to show how I made the upgrade. The ground wire to the frig inverter does not touch the top breaker studs or lugs and is held back by a screw not pictured to prevent any contact.

danemayer

Hi Pat,

I've attached a couple of pictures. The picture of the circuit breaker is actually a manual reset type. For the hydraulics, you want a 12V, 50 amp, auto reset of the same form factor so it fits on the buss bar.

The 12V mini-circuit breakers are mounted in a row. The power input side has a copper buss bar connecting power to all the breakers. The heavy wire from the battery connects to one of those breakers. That same breaker has a matching heavy wire on the other terminal of the breaker. That wire goes to your Power Converter and Fuse Box. One of the other breakers also has a heavy wire attached. That one goes to the hydraulics. And that's the breaker you want to replace.

Your breakers/buss bar may look different, may be vertical instead of horizontal, and may have rubber boots covering the breakers.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 46
  • circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 31

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
In some cases, yes. But first, try to determine if there is some other problem causing the fuse to blow or the breaker to trip.