one side of slide comes out when travelling

surreyboy

hello
so ive been reading a few different threads but nothing seems to be what im looking for....i have a 2009 cyclone 3950 & the largest slide on the door side of the trailer creeps out only when driving....its not the whole slide , its only the back side(the passive side without the hydraulic ram). the active side is fine . i have adjusted the thing & pulled it back in but the first trip , the thing creeps back out...its like its hopping the roller on the passive side or just rolling freely with road bumps..

so what i do to adjust it is slide it half way out. measure the active side(hydraulic ram) then measure the passive side(free wheeling). put a jack under the passive side , unbolt the roller so it can move/roll & pull it in till the measurements are the same with a ratchet strap & it looks & woks great , until we roll down the road & get out to check/level it out & its creeped out again....??

anyhow , going to go adjust the thing again , just wondering if anyone might have had the same issue & fixed it or if anyone has any advice on what to do or try..

Thanks

danemayer

The cross bar and gears are supposed to keep the sides synchronized. So either a gear is loose or broken, or as you say, perhaps there's bounce that disengages the gears - although I've never heard of that before, and it would be quite a bounce.