ATF: Bighorn - Fender support

CCWREW

I had my fenders replaced due to damage from a blow out. I had both sides replaced. They were covered by insurance and the replacement parts were ordered from Heartland by the repair service. There is no type of support piece for the fender at the point in the middle of the fender that points to the ground and I am afraid that it will flop and break in the wind when driving. The repair service said that no support piece was sent. Question: Should there be a support piece for the fenders or does it indeed just hang down and flop? I have attempted to attach photos of what I mean.

Attachments

• DSCN1997.jpg
    DSCN1997.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN1998.jpg
    DSCN1998.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 117

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There should be a support there.
If I were in your shoes I would just go to a hardware store, pick up some flat bar stock, make a couple of bends and screw it on.

Peace
Dave

mlpeloquin

Do you have a support piece on the other side? If so, Heartland parts with your vin number. I would look on mine, but it is in storage. I was missing one support on mine as delivered. They looked the part number up and sent it to me. Easy install and did not want to have my 5er sitting at the dealer for several days to get this done.

JOnSU

You for sure want those brackets. We lost our fender with some cross wind. A better design sure would help. We are on our second set of fenders, so it would be a good idea to check those brackets every so often. :)

DougS

Doug S
I agree with Dave about buying a stock piece of aluminum from a local hardware store, bent, and screw in.

Gary521

The stock braces that came with mine were worthless. Do what others have suggested and fabricate your own

Ldo

The stock braces that came with mine were worthless. Do what others have suggested and fabricate your own
Hello Gary, if you can post a picture that would help. On my 2004 Keystone that I'm Selling it is used a 1 X 4 X 6 as a screwed on strut and it was much better then lighter metal braces. Larry

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ldo

Do you have a support piece on the other side? If so, Heartland parts with your vin number. I would look on mine, but it is in storage. I was missing one support on mine as delivered. They looked the part number up and sent it to me. Easy install and did not want to have my 5er sitting at the dealer for several days to get this done.
Did the braces work well? Larry

Ldo

The strut worked perfectly, no more flapping. Sorry for slow response as I forgot to check back.