ATF: Bighorn - Have to give a shout out to Heartland CS

NHCelt

We picked up our new Bighorn last week, and had minimal issues on the PDI. Certainly better fit and finish than our Carriage Cameo. As our shakedown cruise continued, we discovered a leak in the front ac that was caused by freezeups and a problem with a leak in the lippert hydraulics. Neither of these were Heartlands fault, but they of course have to coordinate warranty service.

I have been dealing with CJ at Heartland and I have to say that Heartlands CS makes dealing with issues on the road very easy. CJ, and Heartland, have been great to deal with. The issues are always a pain to deal with, but superb customer service sure helps.

Thanks to CJ and Heartland.

PS...the most maddening issue is that all of our p-traps were loose and leaked......need to work on that!

jbeletti

Thanks for the feedback. I will pass this onto the Service team.

Note too that I passed onto plant 2 production, your comment about loose P-traps.

Thanks and Happy Camping!

mlpeloquin

We picked up our new Bighorn last week, and had minimal issues on the PDI. Certainly better fit and finish than our Carriage Cameo. As our shakedown cruise continued, we discovered a leak in the front ac that was caused by freezeups and a problem with a leak in the lippert hydraulics. Neither of these were Heartlands fault, but they of course have to coordinate warranty service.

I have been dealing with CJ at Heartland and I have to say that Heartlands CS makes dealing with issues on the road very easy. CJ, and Heartland, have been great to deal with. The issues are always a pain to deal with, but superb customer service sure helps.

Thanks to CJ and Heartland.

PS...the most maddening issue is that all of our p-traps were loose and leaked......need to work on that!

The P-traps will continue to get loose unless you do as I did. I live across the street from a master plumber and he told me what to do and they have not come loose since. Get some fresh soft plumbers putty and take the drain plumbing apart. Role some of the putty into a small thin length. Wrap it around the top of the compression seal and then another around the bottom of the compression seal. Do this to every compression seal in the assembly and reinstall. No more leaks and they won't come loose.

NHCelt

Thanks Jim.

- - - Updated - - -

The tough one ws behind the washer dryer closet...I used bonding silicone tape over that so I wouldn't have to pull the washer dryer again.

KrazyKampers

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks Jim.

- - - Updated - - -

The tough one ws behind the washer dryer closet...I used bonding silicone tape over that so I wouldn't have to pull the washer dryer again.

We have a similar issue with leaking hydraulics on our new Big Horn. Do you know what was causing your problem? We have a scheduled service call this week. Our dealer told us not to move it as its not safe. We've only had it a few weeks and this is our first issue.

NHCelt

We have a similar issue with leaking hydraulics on our new Big Horn. Do you know what was causing your problem? We have a scheduled service call this week. Our dealer told us not to move it as its not safe. We've only had it a few weeks and this is our first issue.

Hi

We are pretty sure we found the problem. Lippert was advising it sounded like a bypass leaky valve or other seepage of pressure. The tech found a small leak on the valve that controls the slides in the front storage area. The leak was not obvious unless you were feeling around. There was fluid leakage at the threads, and it appears as if tightening the valve body stopped the leak. We have not traveled yet, so don' t know if this was the fix, but I think we will be good.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

KrazyKampers

Ours turned out to be a cracked manifold. Part needed to be ordered. I hope this takes care of it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2Aries

I found a leaking hydraulics in one of blocks which there's 4 lines going in or out dried them with paper towel and looked for the leak and a 7 / 16 wrench 1/4 turn and leak stopped

danemayer

I found a leaking hydraulics in one of blocks which there's 4 lines going in or out dried them with paper towel and looked for the leak and a 7 / 16 wrench 1/4 turn and leak stopped

Hi 2Aries,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and thanks for joining in the conversation.

KrazyKampers

It turns out our problem was a bad o ring! Heartland did ship a part to us but it was the wrong one. We decided to do some trouble shooting ourselves and found the problem easily. The mobile repair guy didn't bother to look at anything. Just took pictures and left. So far, no more leaks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk