ATF: Bighorn - ice maker water line

danemayer

What is involved to pull out the Residential Frig to repair the water line
There's usually some wood running across the top of the fridge and there could be something bracing the feet. You'll have to scout it out to see how the factory did yours.

we had a shop in Lake Elisnore (RV Doctor) do the repair. They had to pull the ref out two times to get the leak fixed. Good Sam insurance paid
We bought a portable Ice Maker and it makes ice faster then the inline. Right now Sam's has it for $89

Padiddle

The fridge in ours was screwed to the floor at the base. There is a length of wood across the top of the fridge which wasn't physically attached to it, but probably keeps the fridge from tipping out of its pocket. I removed the screws at the bottom behind the "grill" and it was free to move. I then built a small platform (Piece of plywood and 2x4 blocks) the same height as the slide floor and really just slid the fridge out. I only needed to pull it out enough to get behind it, and had plenty of room to work. I expect I probably could have moved it past the island, but didn't need to do so. After losing the use of the unit to an RV dealer shop for a month to fix it under warranty, and having it begin leaking again after just a week, I chose to try it myself. The tech that first repaired it failed to bother to attach the line to the fridge with the small clamp that was right there to do it with! Likely bent and cracked when he pushed the fridge back in place. Repairing it myself took less than a couple hours start to finish. This was Labor Day Weekend '15. No problems since.