ATF: Bighorn - Longevity

phix

We love our BH3610 RE, 2012. I would like to know how long we can expect it to last. We live in it full time. We fix and maintain things as needed, but I am asking about the frame, walls, structure, etc.

How long do banks finance a new one. That would be a good indication.

Thank you!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Typical financing is 15 years. While we are not full-timers, we've been using ours on a summer site from May to September since 2009. Stays run between two to five weeks with short periods back home, 200 miles away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNOKING

We love our BH3610 RE, 2012. I would like to know how long we can expect it to last. We live in it full time. We fix and maintain things as needed, but I am asking about the frame, walls, structure, etc.

Thank you!

Until RV resorts start rejecting you because of the age of your unit. We had our SOB for 12 years(snowbirded 10 of those years) and started getting questioned on age and asked for pictures. So we joined the Bighorn/Heartland family a year ago. We will be well into our 80's when this one is ten years old. We built a park model/Arizona room last winter, so the BH is now our sunbird summer home in NW Washington. Chris

BigGuy82

Thank you!

Depending on where you live, you can get 20 years. I did at 5% and remember, the interest is tax deductible. My IRA is doing much better than 5%, so why use cash and why not take it out as far as possible?

Now, is that an indicator of longevity because the bank thinks it will last that long? Personally, I don't think so. I think they figure you'll bail out well before then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk