ATF: Bighorn - Outside Power plugins - One near front of RV wont work.

GregBassine

Hello all,

I have a 2014 Bighorn 3260 Elite. That model had 2 outside plugins on the door side, one near the door and one near the outside speakers toward the front of the RV.

The one by the door works fine, but can't get the other one to work. Is there some sort of switch inside the RV that I need to turn on to get it to work?

Also, to switch gears a little, it seems like one of the outside speakers is blown. Is that something others are having problems with? Is that covered under warranty? I have only used it a couple of times and only as a low volume so not to annoy any neighbors. Your thoughts?

Thanks and I apologize up front if I mixed threads by posting two issues.

Both wife and I are finally retired and ready to roll so want to get everything ship shape before we take off.

pokypa

Their is a switch in the control panel with all the other switches labeled awning outlet. I've had no problems with the speakers. If it's still under warranty call Heartland and they might send you one if you want yo install it yourself.

jbeletti

Roger is right - the AC outlet by the speakers is a switched outlet, often used for awning or patio lighting. The switch should be inside in your control panel area.

If you are in warranty, Heartland should be able to send you a replacement speaker. Give them a call at 877-262-8032.

GregBassine

Thank you all for your replies. This group is awesome!

Greg

Hello all,

I have a 2014 Bighorn 3260 Elite. That model had 2 outside plugins on the door side, one near the door and one near the outside speakers toward the front of the RV.

The one by the door works fine, but can't get the other one to work. Is there some sort of switch inside the RV that I need to turn on to get it to work?

Also, to switch gears a little, it seems like one of the outside speakers is blown. Is that something others are having problems with? Is that covered under warranty? I have only used it a couple of times and only as a low volume so not to annoy any neighbors. Your thoughts?

Thanks and I apologize up front if I mixed threads by posting two issues.

Both wife and I are finally retired and ready to roll so want to get everything ship shape before we take off.