ATF: Bighorn - Response from Service

Wharton

I recently ordered some decals for our BH. Customer Service was great!! Can't say enough. The only problem is that whatever software you are using for the confirmations etc. sends a winmail.dat file. This file is a non-standard format and is only readable but Outlook(best I can tell from google). This should be changed to a more standard pdf file. I have no idea if what I ordered is what I will receive as I can't read the file. I replied that I couldn't read the file and all I received back was a note that they were confiriming what I ordered. Same thing after I gave my credit card number.

This should be corrected.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
A quick web search should produce a pretty good list of online tools and programs that can be installed that will open winmail.dat files so you can see and print or save the file in a different format. You could try looking at the list on wikipedia for a suggestion on which program to use.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winmail.dat

Wharton

In the past everything was sent as a PDF. In my mind companies should use a generic format that all can read. I don't want another piece a software on my machine for a few uses. It's like pictures, there are about 40 formats but the "standard" that is used is JPG. This is the first time in all my years of ordering online that I have not had a readable response.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Really the problem is that their email system may be misconfigured to send you messages in rich text format so you got the winmail.dat file instead of a readable attachment. You could use one of the online tool sources to open your file and at least see what Heartland sent you. You may find that the message you recieved has all the information in it and the winmail.dat file just contains information specific to Microsoft exchange rich text format. In which case you could just ignore the winmail.dat file.

Wharton

I downloaded a piece of software and found out the winmail.dat was my invoice confirming my order.