ATF: Bighorn - Rubber wheels on slide

wrehfield

Just purchased a 2009m Big Horn 3580RL. Black spot on kitchen floor. When I went to clean it, found it was rubber. Are the wheels on the kitchen-living room slide rubber on this Big Horn? Only some of them? Can this be repaired and at what cost? Thank you.
Bill Rehfield

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
No rubber wheels. Maybe you can post a pix or two. Might be just the slides need to be adjusted.

wrehfield

Bob, thank you for the info. I'm sure I would have a **** of time trying to post a pic.
I will be taking it to my mechanic on the 4th of August and see what can be done.
Needs a couple things. Looks like 20 pound short propane tanks, I bought two 40
pounders and will try to get them installed.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The rollers under the kitchen slide are quite possibly gray plastic. Your rollers might be catching the black rubber seal and tearing it apart.
When the slide is out take a look under it.
And yes the rollers are replaceable.
If you bought 40# LP tanks they may not fit. The 30# tanks that came with your BH are 24"tall. The 40# tanks are 29".
Be sure to check if you have an extra 5" along with head room to get them in.

Peace
Dave

wrehfield

Dave, thank you for the reply. I have looked and couldn't see any thing. If you can
believe it, the previous owner let a plastic jar get under the slide and the dealer
didn't know it( should have), that was fun to get out from under the slide
The propane tanks in the Big Horn are short and fat. Don' think they are original.
Look like 20 pounds.
Bill