ATF: Bighorn - slide issue on bighorn 3585rl

Francis1

I believe I may have a loose roller on the 18' slide. As the slide goes in/out there is a bounce in the slide and the bottom wood base is pulling away about 2". Am trying to inch the slide out to minimize damage. Unit was purchased in North Dakota and is still under warranty.

What are the odds that the dealership will be able to lift the slide and repair or will the unit have to go back to the factory to pull the slide and perform the repairs?

Thanks for the input

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You might be able to fix it yourself but first you have to determine what is causing the problem. Or your dealer should have no problem making the repair.
There are rollers on the bottom of the slide as well as rollers on the floor of the trailer.
If I am hearing you correctly then the wood that is coming off may have to come off to make the repair.
The pressure will have to come off of the rollers and you will need to do this by using some 2 x 6 boards under the slide along with a properly placed bottle jack.
I have worked on a couple of these slides including my own so I know it can be done.
Please come back and let us know which roller was the problem.

Peace
Dave

I also had this problem with the delamination of the plywood due to water. After brain picking many others at RV dealers, I removed the metal corner edge and re-calked along the lower seam and reinstalled with longer screws after installing sheet metal. I also contacted the side manufacture to check for adjustment height settings of the 4 nuts that raise the height up and down to make sue I was at factory level. I went to a sheet metal shop for a galvanized sheet metal approx. 2' x 3' , installed under the bottom of slide. This seems to fix the problem for me.

RandyDeb

I'm also having delamination issues on my big slide door side. The face of the flooring was left unprotected to the elements. Both ends are going to be repaired. Took some good measurements tonight and heading to a sheet meatal shop tomorrow with drawings of what I want to do to fix it. This slide drops down when its fully extended about 1 1/2" + - so the meatal corners will have to match the inside edge so when the slide comes in it will come up and ride on top with out snagging the carpet. I'll take some pictures with measurements once I have them fitting properly. Just guessing, , but angel looks to be about 45 deg. If anyone knows the angel of that cut exactly, I would love to know what it is.