ATF: Bighorn - Sliding Bedroom Closet Door LATCH

Westwind

I need to replace a broken plastic latch on the Sliding Bedroom Closet door. If you
could let me know how I can order a new one I would greatly appreciate it.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Get a few extras while your at it. I keep them in my tool box just in case. Some folks have used Velcro strips in place of the clips and claim it works well although I haven't tried it yet. Keep in mind HOC members receive a 10% discount on all parts and accessories.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The heck with the clips that keep breaking. We use Velcro and it does the job just fine.

Dale Smith

The plastic latches that came on our 2008 Bighorn 3055 were constantly breaking and I always kept a couple of extras in my storage compartment.

When we purchased our 2011 Bighorn 3055 we found that the latches were of a new style and these present no issues with breakage. Since the style of the doors also changed, I'm not sure whether these latches would work on the trailer that you are speaking of.

Sounds to me like the Velcro idea may not be a bad way to go.:)

Westwind

The trailer is brand new and we haven't even used it yet, I'd like to get it fixed and see how we make out, I think the DW had a problem getting it open and the finger portion broke off. The latch still holds the door shut and secured so we could do with what we have I just have the urge to make it new again.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Replaced two of ours in the first six months.
I have seen a LM with a door with a wood frame. This type of door has a pin that drops into the floor. That seems like a better design IMHO. Trace

Lance & Jo

Call customer service, this summer while we were in Elkhart they replaced mine with a new style, black catch that is working very well for us.

digger

My husband has broken two of ours. So he is no longer allowed to open the closet doors. We have the brown ones now and they are alot better than the clear ones. Had to have a dealer order them because they are trying to sell those cheap clear ones first.

gjackson

We went to the RV supply today to purchase new handles for our closet. The owner made a great suggestion that I'm going to pass on. Reverse the way the doors slide open (until ready to go on the road). That way there's nothing to latch to when closed. Maybe this will help some of you too.

Willym

We went to the RV supply today to purchase new handles for our closet. The owner made a great suggestion that I'm going to pass on. Reverse the way the doors slide open (until ready to go on the road). That way there's nothing to latch to when closed. Maybe this will help some of you too.
Good idea to pass on! That's what we do when parked.

twohappycampers

I read this tip a while back. How simple, hey? And yet how long would it have taken me to think of it myself, maybe NEVER??!! That's what I love about this forum. The way we pass ideas back and forth, helping one another. I must remember to get some kind of little bumpers to keep the doors from banging against the wood when I close them. Also must remember to get the same kind of bumpers for the sliding pocket door into the bathroom. What kind of bumpers have others found? Thanks.

Reminds me of the tongue twister I practiced as a kid "rubber baby buggy bumpers" :D Haven't thought of that for probably 60 years. Must be entering my second childhood.