ATF: Bighorn - Southco Keyless Entry system

millenma

Hello I purchased our Bighorn 3185RL back in April 2011 I have been having problems with our Southco Keyless Entry system. We replaced our system back in May the first system the keypad battery keep going dead after a week and the door lock was jamming. Since we replaced the system the keypad battery still going dead after one week. I have tried EverReady and Duracell battery's. I called Southco but they tell me to call Lippert and they want me to replace the system again and for me to pay for it up front and when I send the old system back they will refund me what do you think could be the problem with the keypad.

jpdoggett

I hear you we got a new 2011 Landmark Augusta in Jan 2011 and it has the Keyless Entry on it, talk to factory and the vendor and got the code which did not work so they told me to take the unit off the RV and replace the battery which I did worked for a week then stop working so I went and got another battery still will not work. Vender set new unit to dealer they where to put it on have not had a chance to find out if it works will find out the first of Oct.

Willym

How do you know that your keypad battery is going dead on you? Is the keypad illumination working? You may need to check for that after dusk as the light is quite weak. Is your keypad battery securely held behind the pad? You may need to bend the contacts a bit to get better contact. Check for any moisture getting in behind the keypad also. Try cleaning the door contacts, if they get dirty the lock will not get enough power, and the lock will operate inconsistently or not at all.

Hello I purchased our Bighorn 3185RL back in April 2011 I have been having problems with our Southco Keyless Entry system. We replaced our system back in May the first system the keypad battery keep going dead after a week and the door lock was jamming. Since we replaced the system the keypad battery still going dead after one week. I have tried EverReady and Duracell battery's. I called Southco but they tell me to call Lippert and they want me to replace the system again and for me to pay for it up front and when I send the old system back they will refund me what do you think could be the problem with the keypad.

millenma

I have checked it in low light also when the battery stops working I pull the unit apart and check the volts with a meter and it shows 1.8 v

rnewk52

we just ordered a new BH 32Ti and it has a "forced option" for the keyless entry. My question is, with all the problems people seem to be having with the keyless entry, are you locked out when it malfunctions, or is there an alternative method to getting the door open ?? Inquiring minds need to know. Thanks.

TedS

rnewk52, key still works. Make sure you carry it with you or have access to one when the keypad does not work.