ATF: Bighorn - What is this plug used for?

Aandaar

I have searched the manual and I can find no reference to what the plug in btwn the extend/retract switch and the battery vents is used for. Can anyone tell me what it is, it looks like it is wired into the electrical system. See attached photo

Attachments

• IMG_1409.jpg
    IMG_1409.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 366

DougS

Doug S
From what I was told when I picked my BH, it is a plug for solar panels to be plugged in. My unit did not have the ground (white) connected. I connected it to a ground connection and now I have 12 volts at the plug.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It's a 12V plug, but I don't know what it's for. To plug in a wired remote controller for the jacks, perhaps. It looks similar to some extra connectors that came with my Ground Control jack system. Didn't use them for anything, though.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
From what I was told when I picked my BH, it is a plug for solar panels to be plugged in. My unit did not have the ground (white) connected. I connected it to a ground connection and now I have 12 volts at the plug.

If it's to plug in solar panels, why would it have 12V on it?

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Just looked at new Big Horns today and the sales guy showed us that and said its for solar panel hook up and not for anything else...

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
I have searched the manual and I can find no reference to what the plug in btwn the extend/retract switch and the battery vents is used for. Can anyone tell me what it is, it looks like it is wired into the electrical system. See attached photo

It seem your getting all kinds of answers, so give Heartland a call (have your vin number) and get your answer from them.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think that the wires from the solar panel would run down the side of the coach to below the overhang.
And the plug looks pretty wimpy for solar charging.

Peace
Dave

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The Furrion prewire for a rear camera is a wireless transmitting camera, so the plug on the front is not for that.

My understanding is the solar prep is for a portable panel that can be plugged in and charges the batteries only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aandaar

Just got off the phone with HL CS and they confirmed that it can be used for Solar Panel or battery tender charging.

WAdams

Yes, that plug is for solar. Not meant to charge your whole battery bank. They are meant to be used with one solar panel positioned on the ground or up against the rig just to tend the battery. If you want substantial solar power, you'll need to run new wiring from the battery bank up to the roof into a junction box.