ATF: Cyclone - AC 3 position switch

BLHFUN

Two Options - Remove power to the Cyclone and from the batteries.

Option 1- Simple change, But find an Electrician - Remove the Cover of the 3 way switch - Remove switch - Tie all three white wires and all three Black Wires together. Use a Wire nut and electrical tape to secure. place the Switch back in to the Box and Replace cover. - This removes the switch from the equation. Then you decide what TWO you want to run at any one given time. You can Run all three at this point, but your probably no load balanced properly.

Option 2 - 50 AMP Service - Find an Electrician - Trace Living Room Wires from Switch and behind the Panel and have a Dedicated 20 AMP breaker added to your Circuit Breaker Box. You might need to use a Dual Pole Breaker if you're lacking available space. This places all 3 AC Units on their own 20 AMP Breaker.

Caveats- Your Electrician will need to insure all three AC's are not on the same side of the 50 AMP service and will need to Load Balance your Panel for it to work properly. - FIND A GOOD ELECTRICIAN - or have the Dealer do it.

I have a 2015 Cyclone 4200 with the three AC/ units and I disconnected the 115 ac supplied by the RV and ran 10/2 wire from the living room ac to the 30 amp service connection on the shore power pole. I did nothing to the transfer switch but the dometic box gets hot and melts the black and ground wires together. Any Ideas????

danemayer

I have a 2015 Cyclone 4200 with the three AC/ units and I disconnected the 115 ac supplied by the RV and ran 10/2 wire from the living room ac to the 30 amp service connection on the shore power pole. I did nothing to the transfer switch but the dometic box gets hot and melts the black and ground wires together. Any Ideas????

Which Dometic box gets hot and melts? The one you wired to the pedestal? Where does this happen?

jam20ster

BLHFUN

I removed switch from the equation so I could run bedroom and living room a/c at the same time. My problem is that once the a/c's come on they then trip the 20 amp breaker labeled bedroom. So my assumption is both the living room and the bedroom a/c's are in the same breaker. So even though you remove switch you still have to put each a/c on its own 20 amp. I was under the impression reading your post that just the removal of the switch would allow the living room and bedroom a/c's to run without the additional 20 amp breaker.

pcardoza

Probably wired randomly from unit to unit. I have no such issues running the BR & LR together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLHFUN

BLHFUN

I removed switch from the equation so I could run bedroom and living room a/c at the same time. My problem is that once the a/c's come on they then trip the 20 amp breaker labeled bedroom. So my assumption is both the living room and the bedroom a/c's are in the same breaker. So even though you remove switch you still have to put each a/c on its own 20 amp. I was under the impression reading your post that just the removal of the switch would allow the living room and bedroom a/c's to run without the additional 20 amp breaker.

hmmm. I ran all three with just removing the switch without issues. Right off the bat my electrician wanted to add the 3rd breaker, but we didn't until I returned home from from Colorado. It was cold, so I only used all three a few times that week. I usually had the garage closed and the LR and BR on the whole time.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably wired randomly from unit to unit. I have no such issues running the BR & LR together.

Really aggravating in my opinion. I bet we could ask 50 owners how the duct work, breakers, switches and Which TWO could be operated at once... I bet we would get 50 different answers.

jam20ster

Agree! This is part of the frustation with campers in general is there seems to be no standard. Odd how the auto industry seems to have things together. Ok done venting! Haha.