ATF: Cyclone - Axle Spacing

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Power King...the MAX 24 STR tires are speed rated at 65mph. .... running 70mph..., I'm confident my weight and speed numbers are good. Getting ready to order tire pressure and temperature monitoring system to have constant visibility. I'm counting on any failure will have elevated temperature before having a problem.

According to many tire manufacturers, "Excessive speed, under-inflation and overloading can all cause adverse heat build-up. Sustained high temperatures can reduce tire durability. Temperature grades are branded on the sidewall of the tire."

As careful as we think we are, (us included), many have had their TowMax fail or blow with no warning.

I would think running them faster than their speed rating is not a good idea.

Hope you can join us for a Texas Rally!

Take care,

Erika

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wiredawgchief

Hi Erika, Thank you for the info. I apologize in advance that my industrial technology degree and mindset and quite a bit of hard headedness tell me if I'm not overloaded, I'm not having temperature problems, that I can drive 5 mph faster than the tires are rated for. I'm installing the tire pressure and temp monitoring syst before next trip out and will have constant monitoring. I will report both success or failure. I'm just hung up on the science of it. I hope we can make to at least one of the rallies and look fwd to meeting y'all. Take care, Ron