ATF: Cyclone - Electric 1/2 doesn't work

BBinNC

Every other breaker (120Vac) has power and the other half doesn't. I have tested at power source and also at power cable and have 120 on both legs. In load center I only have power on every other breaker.

Is there a switch or reset between the power inlet and the breaker box or load center?

chiefneon

Howdy!

Are you sure you have power from both legs of you 50amp service, if not it will cause you to have only half the power going to your unit. First thing you could do is start the generator and see if you then have full power. This is happen to us once we now us a Progressive EMS which lets us know the power status when we plug in at the power supply.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Dloebrich

Test the power at the pedestal with a multi meter. You should have 120 between the neutral and either side or 220 between the two live prongs. It you have it there then test the end of the power cord where it plugs into the coach. Keep testing until you find a loose connection or broken wire or defective converter. What you describe is almost certain to be "one side" of your 220 not working

danemayer

The "switch" you're looking for is the Automatic Transfer Switch that routes power from either the pedestal, or from the generator. Sounds like you're losing 1 leg of the power there. The ATS is usually behind the rear wall of the pass through basement storage. If you're going to inspect inside it, open it with the shore power cord disconnected. If everything looks ok, plug into shore power and VERY CAREFULLY take voltage readings. Should see 120V between L1 and neutral, and also L2 and neutral. 240V across L1 and L2.

Other possibilities are where the shore power cord connects to the trailer. If it's not locked into position, you can lose one leg. It's also possible to have a problem on the back side of the main circuit breaker panel.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
As Dan stated, make sure the cord end is twisted all the way to right at the coach. IF not you only get 120V one side of the breaker panel.

Bigburd

Had this same problem with my Cyclone. My plug and receptacle had to be taken apart and all connection redone. male and female mating surfaces realigned / straightened. All this weight hanging off the side of the trailer causes problems. Seems like the connections would be better coming out the bottom. Keep mine plugged in most of the time.

LBR

Had this same problem with my Cyclone. My plug and receptacle had to be taken apart and all connection redone. male and female mating surfaces realigned / straightened. All this weight hanging off the side of the trailer causes problems. Seems like the connections would be better coming out the bottom. Keep mine plugged in most of the time.
Seems like a tension relief that could support all of the cord weight may be in order, such as something clean looking that could be permanently mount ed on the TH below the plugin a bit?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I loop our power cord over the rear bumper to keep it from sagging . . .

AZRodeoRally-IMG_5242.jpg ProwlerMissingBumperCaps-P1010553.jpg