ATF: Cyclone - Flooring in Garage

avvidclif

I have a CY3418 that I put a Pingel removeable tire chock in to haul my bike. It is mounted between the second set of tiedowns (from the front) on the right side and centered. I drilled a hole thru the rubber floor for the washers to mount them. To my surprise when I went thru the 1/8" thick rubber I found OSB, not plywood as I expected. In addition it was nowhere near 1" thick, best guess is 5/8" or 3/4" max.

Where is the 1" plywood that is supposed to be in the garage floor?

avvidclif

Still waiting for an answer on where the plywood is. My table mounts in the floor have pulled loose after 6 months because the screws go into OSB and not plywood.

Where is the plywood that is supposed to be in the garage?????? See Cyclone Standards in CY3418 floorplan.

Miltp920

I would call the cyclone rep at Heartland. Looks like the ATF does not always get anyone's attention. I do not know those numbers directly, but hopefully a MODERATOR will see this and get you the numbers. Otherwise, I would call Heartland and ask for the Cyclone Manager.

jimtoo

Heartland Customer Service
877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030

All phone numbers are listed on the Heartland Owners Forum portal page. The first page you see when you log on.

jeffdee

Be aware, if you bring in anything heavy and roll over the tool locker cover in the dovetail, the floor will flex pulling out all the screws holding the locker cover frame. I replaced the screws with stainless steel nuts and bolts.

avvidclif

Since it appears the factory isn't going to respond I guess I will call tomorrow. I was hoping that any other Cyclone owners would chime in with what they found, plywood or OSB. The salesman said (I know) it was 1" marine grade plywood. The website doesn't show a thickness but does say plywood in the garage area. Thanks for the tip on the storage door. I'm going to remove all 3 table leg sockets and put Gorilla Glue in each screw hole as well as a ring around the plate to glue it to the floor. They may come loose again but the socket will bring up a bunch of floor if it does.

It's an aggravation, I hate being lied to.

BLHFUN

Cliff, My 4200 has 1in Plywood. I know because I added 4 D rings for my Harley. - I would call the factory if you found 5/8in OSB and have that discussion.

Jim-Lynn

I also have ply wood 1" as I also added more rings. Jeff, thanks for the warning on the garbage tool storage bin, never thought of that.

BLHFUN

While we are discussing the Locker.. If you want that Locker to be Water Proof, Use Black FLEX SEAL ( as seen on TV ) on the Inside and out.. It Keeps the Locker Dry as a bone for over a year now. LOVE THAT STUFF!

jeffdee

While we are discussing the Locker.. If you want that Locker to be Water Proof, Use Black FLEX SEAL ( as seen on TV ) on the Inside and out.. It Keeps the Locker Dry as a bone for over a year now. LOVE THAT STUFF!

That's a great suggestion! I'm going to look at doing that also.

Jim-Lynn

Bart - is that the stuff on TV they use to seal the boat after shooting a cannon hole in it? I can not believe it works. If so I will give it a try. Leave in a few days to South Dakota, Sturgis, and the Montana. Sure will be helpful to have water tight

BLHFUN

Bart - is that the stuff on TV they use to seal the boat after shooting a cannon hole in it? I can not believe it works. If so I will give it a try. Leave in a few days to South Dakota, Sturgis, and the Montana. Sure will be helpful to have water tight

It is, and it works! One coat on the outside seems and 1 on the inside. Let it completely dry and have some go under the back at night with a flash light. Pin point any cracks you might have missed and put a second coat in that area on the inside. You will see a few spots that you missed with the flashlight. Another great use is for the carpet. I have a carpet cover for my patio and used the White flex seal for the bottom of the carpet. It's stays flexible and still rolls up for travel. It eliminates the bottom of the carpet from shredding/shedding all over my deck. Did the same for my boat carpet almost 3 years ago. It really works! image.jpg

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I used that stuff to seal the edges of the underbelly so water cannot get in when running on a rainy road.

avvidclif

I emailed support and and am talking via email with Jamie. I pulled up 2 of the table sockets and found abt 1/2" decking that looks like particle board. Supposedly it has 3/4 plywood in the garage according to the Plant Manager. Here are some pictures, what do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_0636 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0636 (Medium).JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0643 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0643 (Medium).JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0639 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0639 (Medium).JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 96

BLHFUN

I emailed support and and am talking via email with Jamie. I pulled up 2 of the table sockets and found abt 1/2" decking that looks like particle board. Supposedly it has 3/4 plywood in the garage according to the Plant Manager. Here are some pictures, what do you think?

looks like plywood to me.

porthole

Retired
Picture #1 shows multiple layers typical of plywood.

I don't think so. Sure looks like OSB to me. I can't tell from the "ruled" picture but it sure looks like only one layer as well.
What it doesn't look like is 1" of plywood as advertised.

Attachments

• OSB.jpg
    OSB.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 57