ATF: Cyclone - Fraid wire

I have a 2013 Cuclone 4100 HD. In the kitchen, the over counter lights went out. One fell down hanging from the wires. The wires were fraid and could not be fixed because the short was right at the end be of the tube and also right at the ceiling.

On another note,most of the trim had to be renailed,as it keeps falling off. Poor workmanship

What should I do to get this corrected?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Can you post a picture of the light wiring? I'm sure it can be fixed somehow.

If the trip keeps falling off there must be a reason. Which trim is it that keeps falling off? Picture?

Peace
Dave

wdk450

Well, I would look through the online sites for RV parts suppliers like Camping World, Tweetys, Adventure RV, Go-RV.com, or RV Parts Nation to find new light fixtures.

For the trim coming loose, I would try some adhesives (like liquid nails) behind the strips along with the nails.

BTW, the spellings are "CYCLONE" and "FRAYED". Sorry, this stuff grates on me like fingernails on a chalkboard (or a squeaky door hinge).

Well, I would look through the online sites for RV parts suppliers like Camping World, Tweetys, Adventure RV, Go-RV.com, or RV Parts Nation to find new light fixtures.

For the trim coming loose, I would try some adhesives (like liquid nails) behind the strips along with the nails.

BTW, the spellings are "CYCLONE" and "FRAYED". Sorry, this stuff grates on me like fingernails on a chalkboard (or a squeaky door hinge).

i hate that I don't spell check myself. Sorry for the mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

I know that I can replace the light and / or fix the wire. I just don't like the fact that the wire frayed in 2 separate spots. The trim is more of an annoyance. It is the top molding in the slides. Picture to follow.

mlpeloquin

Trim in two of mine started to come off. Over the kitchen island and the table. I drilled a two holes smaller than the diameter than the finish nails I used. Drilled at 45 degree angle to pin the trim up. Used the color wax sticks to cover the nail heads. Looks like the pins, ya finish pins with no heads, they gun in were put straight in. Any weight bouncing up and down will loosen them and cause the trim around the light fixtures on the ceiling to come loose. If they gun the pins in at an angle this would not happen.

I hope you can take the entire fixture down. You should be able to get to the wire behind the fixture and splice wire in to lengthen them. You could use butt end crimp splices or in line crimp splices for a safe repair.