ATF: Cyclone - frustrated over satellite

dm2776

we have never gotten our satellite to work in the trailer..we have been running a cable in a window. but today we decided to really try to figure out what is the issue. i have a schematic that shows the 2nd satellite input goes to an output in the cargo bay with a splitter (we have looked everywhere and there isnt one) but did find one up in the bedroom and looks like it goes straight from satellite 2 to bedroom..but we can not get it to work right there (bypassing that splitter). any hints will be appreciated

oops i should have included it is a 2008 4012

rustyshakelford

i am definately interested in this one also. we could not get the sat to work in our trailer last week so we ran a cable thru the bedroom window!

brett

TNT

We have gotten ours to work in the living room, but not in the bedroom without a second box or from the basement jack.

rick_debbie_gallant

we have never gotten our satellite to work in the trailer..we have been running a cable in a window. but today we decided to really try to figure out what is the issue. i have a schematic that shows the 2nd satellite input goes to an output in the cargo bay with a splitter (we have looked everywhere and there isnt one) but did find one up in the bedroom and looks like it goes straight from satellite 2 to bedroom..but we can not get it to work right there (bypassing that splitter). any hints will be appreciated

oops i should have included it is a 2008 4012

Have you checked the coax connectors from the entrance point into the unit all the way to your tv? I have seen several rigs now with connections that are suspect. By suspect I mean "I suspect they aint gonna work" because of poor installation/workmanship/quality control. That would be the first place to check. also is your booster on or off?

beasleyrl

I had to rewired mine. You can not split a DirecTV feed on the satellite dish side between 2 receivers. As I recall, from the docking station, 1 goes to the basement connection and 1 goes to the entertainment center. I disconnected the basement feed and ran a new line to the front bedroom. From there, I added an RF remote to the BR receiver and fed the output into an RF modulator and backfed the RF TV signal through the internal TV antenna feed. This allows us to see and control the BR receiver on any of the other outlets (ie basement or garage).

dm2776

how did you rewire....we are really just trying to get one reciever to work on one cable. we hooked up the direct tv from our house (so we know it works) into satellite 2 input (as the drawing indicates satellite 1 is some prep from roof top. it shows on the diagram it goes to a splitter in the carbo bay (which we could not find and dont see a cable outlet in that area). but we did find a splitter at the bedroom and it looks like one goes to tv bedroom and one to living room..so we are going to try to bypass that splitter and make it go straight back to the living room and see if that works.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have rewired both of my rigs. You will have to do exactly what you said. Bypass, or get rid of that splitter. Just get a barrel connector and bypass it.
If you need two feeds to the LR receiver for DVR, use the other cable that runs from the splitter and goes to the rear. You will need to then run a cable from there to the UDC and attach a line to run to the dish.

Peace
Dave

DW_Gray

I also had this problem with my new '09 4012. The Dish Network contractor had to replace two bad connectors and he disconnected a couple of cables that were causing some kind of interference.

I hope you can get worked out.

Vtxkid

On my Cyclone, the RF connector cover (with the amplifier) in the bedroom has a barrel connector for the antenna and one for the satellite. Their is no wire connected on the back side of the satellite barrel connector. The RF connector in the basement of your unit should be on the left as you open the passenger side door next to the 110 receptacle outlet. I was having reception problems with the "antenna" wiring and found that the RG-6 wire coming from the antenna to the connector cover in the bedroom had a wire strand looped around the center core wire were it screws onto the circuit board which was shorting it out and preventing me from getting all my local stations. Easy fix but shouldn't of happened to begin with...

rick_debbie_gallant

Another "FWIW": A few people I know have bought new rigs and could not get satellite to work. Problem: the wiring in the UDC was labeled wrong.

Delaine and Lindy

I have removed the spliters (can't split digital signal) in all my 5th wheels since we went to HDTV's when they first came out. I finally got a Direct-TV installer to come out and fix the issues several years ago. I also use 4 Direct-TV HD boxes. I also have a cable tester made by Sperry the number is TT 64 202 and I found it in Lowes. It will test the RG-6 cables to insure you have a signal. Many 5th wheel manufactors are behind the curve in HDTV signal, and many aren't wired properly. The best problem solver is the installer. Most contract installers will do side work on week-ends. Good Luck.. Happy Trails....