ATF: Cyclone - Hydraulic slide out pump

Rufer

My Cyclone has been tripping the cutout on the hydraulic pump before all the slides are in. All I need to do is wait for it to reset but is this normal?

jimtoo

Hi Rufer,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

No,, it's not normal for the breaker to trip before all the slides are in.. but I have heard some say that in the really sub freezing temps that are around now that the fluid could get really thick and heavy. So it is possible for that to happen if your way up North I would think. You don't say where you are, but if your in CAN in the really cold,,, I can see it happening.

You might give us a little more information as to your location and model and year of your Cyclone. I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon.

Enjoy the forum and your Cyclone.

Jim M

Rufer

Sorry Its a 2011 cyclone and it happens in the summer time I don't use it in the winter yet. And yes we are from Canada, Saskatchewan to pin point us. It was good at first and within months it started doing this and has being getting gradually worse.

jimtoo

If it just started and was OK for the first year or so, I would check all connections on the wiring to the pump. If all OK and you don't hear the pump noise increase like slide is binding or hanging on something when it quits, then I would replace the breaker.

Jim M

rgwilliams69

I had this same issue happen a couple of times in the past two weeks on my 2013 Cyclone 4100. Noticed it moving the slides in (on the mega-slide) and also once when retracting the landing gear under no load (truck hitch was already taking the weight). My dealer/service team is looking at it this week and suspect a weak breaker. I will let you know what they find.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have had this happen on my Bighorn.
No big deal, just change the 50 amp auto reset breaker that protects the pump.
About $10 and 10 minutes.
Be sure to disconnect the - battery cable before you start.

Peace
Dave

TedS

Like other folks have, I replaced the 50-amp with an 80-amp and no more breaker trips under normal hydraulic operations.