ATF: Cyclone - Magnet doors 2014 4100

are you having problems or heard of problems with the magnets coming off on the outside storage doors. We've had to replace 2 so far and today one came off and the door came tubling down on my head injuring my neck. A recall needs to happen before anyone else gets hurt. 2014 cyclone 4100

remoandiris

No problem with them on my 2014 4000, but I also haven't checked them for how secure they are attached.

Just to be clear, is it the magnets on the door or on the coach (or both) that have come off?

scottyb

Just out of curiosity, what magnets are you talking about. My 2013 4100 does not have any magnets on the outside doors that I know of.

scottyb

You should have them on the DS storage doors under the bedroom window.

Nope. Mine are spring loaded door catches. Same goes for the genrator compartment and fuel tranfer pump compartment. No magnets on mine.

Attachments

• IMAG0045.jpg
    IMAG0045.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMAG0046.jpg
    IMAG0046.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 59

iowaone

Mine have worked fine so far on my 16 month old 2013 4100. It has them on both curb side compartments.

They are on the door with the outside refrigerator and the one next to it where the leveler panel is. Really bad and dangerous design. I wonder if the 2014 are the first ones they put this on

mixie57

We have them on our 2013 4100. All the screws seem to be rusting, especially the door catches and the baggage door magnetic catches. We have replaced all those screws. All the screws we replaced were heavily rusted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottyb

We have them on our 2013 4100. All the screws seem to be rusting, especially the door catches and the baggage door magnetic catches. We have replaced all those screws. All the screws we replaced were heavily rusted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I guess I lucked out with the stainless steel latches. Probably cost a few pennies extra.

Atczdc

I have the Magnets also. They have not come off, but I wish they were a little stronger. I tossed the door up once, and it bounced off the magnets and gave me a large headache. My fault for being in a hurry, but just a warning to others that might also be it a hurry....

Sans1

I like the one door I have with a magnet but agree maybe a little stronger might be better. On a very windy day, had trouble holding the door up. Too new to see if issues yet. The only other door with a catch is on the fuel station and it uses the traditional metal clip. On my other fiver had to replace all the factory plastic ones within 2 years. Used the metal ones and they were still working when I traded in 8 years later.

Sans1

The magnets being referred to are to hold the storage bin door open instead of the traditional flip clip made of plastic or metal. So, theoretically you just flip the door all the way open and the magnet holds it open (look ma, one hand).