ATF: Cyclone - sewer

bunker

We have a 2014 Cyclone 3110. Our dealer installed a dispenser for metering black water tank deodorizer through the toilet and into the black water tank. On our last trip we noticed that this deodorizer had gotten into the fresh water system. Do you have any ideas on how this could have happened?

danemayer

Hi bunker,

It seems unlikely that the deordorizer could make its way into the fresh tank. If the deodorizer were migrating backwards through the water system, AND you had a problem with the internal check valve built into the water pump, I suppose you might get some into the fresh tank. BUT, you would also have deodorizer coming out all of your faucets and shower. And your fresh tank would be overflowing from water going backward through the pump.

If you're sure the deodorizer is actually migrating into the fresh tank, I would recommend disconnecting it until the dealer can revisit the installation. You might also visit the website for the dispenser manufacturer to see if you can download installation instructions. Then you could compare the manufacturer's instructions and pictures to what the dealer actually did.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Is this (IMHO extremely silly gadget) plumbed into the fresh water system so that the deodorizer is injected into the flush water?

bunker

Thank you. We have only used the Cyclone a few times, and the questions and replies on this Board are helpful. The dispenser is connected to the water inlet hose on the toilet. When the toilet is flushed, the water injected into the toilet draws the deodorant along with a siphon-effect. The problem occurred when we were connected directly to an outside water source (we were not using the on-board water tank or pump). We did have deodorizer coming out all faucets (kitchen, bath and shower). I will review the installation and compare it to the manufacturer's design.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Bunker,

I assume that you have a blue streak dispenser, I have had one of them installed for 3 seasons now and it works flawlessly, the only thing I could think of is if the siphon Tee was installed backwards, that could cause issues, There is an arrow on the Tee and of course it should be pointing in the direction of the toilet...

I love mine.