ATF: Cyclone - Shower leak - tried recaulk, but not the problem

earlh20659

Hello,

I'm at Lazy Days in Tampa. Been here for four weeks. They are working off a list of fixes which most recently is a leaking shower in my 2016 cyclone 3110.
A tech here recaulked the botton of the shower enclosure and I thought the problem was fixed. But to my amazement, and probably the techs too, the leak is as bad as ever.

Specifically, when water splashes on the glass some of it comes out on the outside bottom edge of the shower enclosure, enough to heavily moisten a towel placed on both sides of the door. Since the bottom was recaulked already, my theory is that water is, and has to be, entering along the edge of the glass and moving down the frame and coming out at the bottom outside.

What can we try next. I've been here four weeks and it looks like a fifth is coming. The Lazy Days team is really great, but I'm ready to put this unit on the road!

Can you please help us rectify this in short order.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Earl

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Might be that the entire enclosure needs to be caulked, not just the bottom.

Peace
Dave

gasman

Camp Socializer
Earl, I had a similar problem with my last unit. Water was coming out onto the floor. After recaulking the entire enclosure without success, I finally found the leak. The access cover just below the faucet had a displaced gasket allowing water to get behind the enclosure and run down to the floor and under the base.

Securityman

Hello,

I'm at Lazy Days in Tampa. Been here for four weeks. They are working off a list of fixes which most recently is a leaking shower in my 2016 cyclone 3110.
A tech here recaulked the botton of the shower enclosure and I thought the problem was fixed. But to my amazement, and probably the techs too, the leak is as bad as ever.

Specifically, when water splashes on the glass some of it comes out on the outside bottom edge of the shower enclosure, enough to heavily moisten a towel placed on both sides of the door. Since the bottom was recaulked already, my theory is that water is, and has to be, entering along the edge of the glass and moving down the frame and coming out at the bottom outside.

What can we try next. I've been here four weeks and it looks like a fifth is coming. The Lazy Days team is really great, but I'm ready to put this unit on the road!

Can you please help us rectify this in short order.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Earl

hello Earl , didn't know if you got this taken care of yet , but if not respond and I will tell you what I did to fix it .