ATF: Cyclone - Slide protocall 3110

smitty127

During our final dealings on our cy3110 the salesman said the door side slide had to open first ,the "off door" side extended 2nd, on 1 switch. At that time they could not extend the off door slide completely "due to another unit parked close" and we ended in a situation where the slide could not come back,nor could it extend. I have a feeling our salesman was not completely familiar with these models as many questions ended with him searching for answers.... all were basic package questions,I am certain he must be mistaken? I pick up Saturday and it has been on my mind since that clumsy moment last week.
Stu

danemayer

Hi smitty127,

Congratulations on the new Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

While I don't know the specifics of the 3110 layout, in general, if you have one switch operating two hydraulic slides, the one with least resistance will open first, followed by the one with greater resistance. Same thing happens when retracting. One slide moves more easily and that one will come in first.

weekender01

If you need to only open one slide you should have 2 valves in the front compartment most likely. This is so you can open/close one slide at a time if desired.

jeffdee

During our final dealings on our cy3110 the salesman said the door side slide had to open first ,the "off door" side extended 2nd, on 1 switch. At that time they could not extend the off door slide completely "due to another unit parked close" and we ended in a situation where the slide could not come back,nor could it extend. I have a feeling our salesman was not completely familiar with these models as many questions ended with him searching for answers.... all were basic package questions,I am certain he must be mistaken? I pick up Saturday and it has been on my mind since that clumsy moment last week.
Stu

I have a 2014 - 3110. The "door slide" I refer to as the kitchen slide, the "off door" slide I refer to as the sofa slide. When operating the slides, the kitchen slide runs out first. When it completes the run then the sofa slide will run out until you hear the hydraulics just begin to stall. When retracting slides, the kitchen slide is the first to come in then the sofa slide comes in. I have never tried to extend the sofa slide before the kitchen slide because the hydraulics are not set up for that sequence nor have I seen a valve that allows for that. If I need the sofa slide to be extended only halfway out I will just stop it before it is fully extended. When it is time to bring it back in, it will come back in after the kitchen slide comes in. I view the kitchen slide as the master and the sofa slide as the slave.