ATF: Cyclone - themostat not working on cool

mandn

I am having trouble using the themostat on my new 4100B. I tried the BR one first. ran though all modes slowly. Only the furnace mode would work . I gave up. I then tried living room. went through all modes. Again only the furnace would come on. Gave up there to. Went to the garage one. Went through the modes, The cooling came on in a couple of seconds! What am I doing wrong with the other two? I tried this several times. Always the same. I did turn off the garage to try the other two again. No change. Thanks for all the help for this newby.

TXTiger

Not sure what thermostat you have but on mine as in most you must set the fan to auto. If it is on high or low it won't work correctly.

danemayer

Hi mandn,

If the thermostats were set to COOL and the temperature setting was low enough for it to start, and you got NO response, it may be a power problem.

First thing to check would be the circuit breaker panel to see if any of the breakers are tripped.

2nd thing would be to see if anything else is not powered. Sometimes you can be plugged into a 50 amp receptacle where only one leg is working. Also if the power cord is not completely inserted and locked into the trailer plug, you may loos one leg.

In a 3 air conditioner unit, there's a switch that determines which 2 of the 3 units have power at any time. You might try changing the position of that switch to see if it makes any difference.

mandn

after checking all the circuit breakers we found the switch. Thank you so much for the feed back. We still are unable to get the legs down of level the rig. I guess we will have to call a tech on Monday.

danemayer

after checking all the circuit breakers we found the switch. Thank you so much for the feed back. We still are unable to get the legs down of level the rig. I guess we will have to call a tech on Monday.
You'll want to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Get prior approval on using the tech for warranty. You'll probably have to pay the travel charge, but with prior approval, the warranty work should be covered.