ATF: Landmark - Floor Rot

jbeletti

Are all of these "check valves" mounted up behind the shower stall? If so how would I know which water lines to cut? I would like to take care of this issue before we even have a leak.

Most are but not all. Your best bet is to locate the valve, then push the lines downward while someone else identifies them from below. I've beed told by others that the removed their valve, the simply pulled down on the lines and pulled them out.

Here again, this is not something Heartland recommends, but a lot of retail customers remove theirs and then install a GHT (garden hose thread) check valve at the black tank flush port in the UDC.

danemayer

For anyone who removes the vacuum breaker on the black flush line, to reduce the possibility of contamination of the city water supply and hoses, you should install a check valve somewhere on that line, or at least at the inlet.

Hunter11

Hunter I think where they are located might carry from unit to unit but it seems they are mostly behind the shower access port.

Open the port in the shower and you should see them.

It is scary to know which pipe to cut but there is only a hot and cold pair and then the anti siphon pair. If you take the wall down by the UDC you can trace the beginning of the anti siphon line. Then you can normally trace out the hot and cold lines that leaves the other siphon line.

Just make make a clean cut and if you made a mistake you can then easily couple them back together.

Thank you Gary. I will give this a shot next weekend and will get my wife to help me locate them by moving them at the shower access port while I am in the basement if I find the valve there.