ATF: Sundance - floor

ghosst666

we have a soft floor around the curb side slide and around the entry door sill ..i believe it is the sawdust and glue type floor ..need to know if and how to repair and if the job is inside or outside style .do we have to remove the slide ??..we have not removed the underbelly ,,yet,,we are still wondering the repair as of this print ..its at my dealer right now ,he is not a heartland dealer..it is a 2009 sundance ..three slide ..side kitchen side dining ..34 footer ..thanks in advance..3300 sk .

guitarpicr

we have a soft floor around the curb side slide and around the entry door sill ..i believe it is the sawdust and glue type floor ..need to know if and how to repair and if the job is inside or outside style .do we have to remove the slide ??..we have not removed the underbelly ,,yet,,we are still wondering the repair as of this print ..its at my dealer right now ,he is not a heartland dealer..it is a 2009 sundance ..three slide ..side kitchen side dining ..34 footer ..thanks in advance..3300 sk .
Is there carpet or linoleum on top? If carpet you should be able to pull it back in a corner & take a look. Linoleum would have to be cut. Either way the wood will have to be replaced if it is spongy or rotten. More than that you need to find where the water was coming in. Ours had to have an extra rubber strip added under the slide out when it was still in warranty as it was kicking up water during heavy rain while traveling. Would probably be a good idea to call Heartland Service directly & talk with a rep.They will point you in the right direction & have always been helpful in the past for me. Good Luck & let us know how it turns out.

Jim Posz

We have a 3300SK 2007 model (built 10/06) and have experienced this problem in the floor of the trailer above the wheels. It appears that driving in the rain probably caused water to soak up into the underbelly and softened up the flooring and some wood above the underbelly. I fixed it myself from the top without removing the slideout. I carefully pulled up the carpeting from the door on back (it's stapled over the vinyl), cut into the vinyl and did some carpentry using treated lumber, then stapled the carpet back down. Seems to be working so far; we've towed the rig to Alaska since then without further problems. Pain in the backside to fix but not much cost.
Jim Posz

mdamerell

We have a 2012 3100RB (built 10/2011) and recently found a soft spot on the drivers side in front of the couch by where the carpet joins the vinyl. The dealer/shop is having a hard time finding the source or cause. It is forward of the wheels. We have driven a couple of times in the rain. The only plumbing in the area I believe is the gray tank for the kitchen. It's dry around the slide seals. Any idea's?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The easiest way to see if you are getting water intrusion when driving in the rain is. With the slides in, look at the bottom corners of the slides from inside and see if you can see daylight. If you do, call HL ask about the corner foam blocks for the slides. They have been known to be left off at assembly or have fallen off. JMHO

mdamerell

Thanks Bob&Patty, the dealer/shop found a bad/missing seal along bottom of slide when closed (ie "saw the light" ), contacted HL and it's now being repaired. Thanks again for your help.

Melissa