ATF: Sundance - SOFA BED REMOVAL

yukikiko

How do we remove the sofa bed from our unit. Is it secured to the floor. Does it need to be taken apart . Our unit has a 30 " door . We are replacing the sofa bed with another sofa, not sofa bed. We found that the cushinsons are to big. Any help would be appreciated

danemayer

Hi yukikiko,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here so I'm sure someone who's already removed the sofa from their Sundance will be able to advise you.

mdamerell

My couch just sits there. There is a strap to secure it while I travel. I believe the back comes off and then I'd strap around the base to keep it closed while you move it.

Thinking of replacing mine with a pair of recliners.

Ron-Cookie

The couch on my 2013 3000MK is anchored to the floor of the slide out. Looks like the screws can be removed after opening the couch/sofa bed up...

Georgia_Biker

I have been watching this thread with interest. We have a 2013 Model 3610RE Big Horn and we want to swap out our sofa bed but need to know the logistics of removal. Any help?

Thanks

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
8y9uzezu.jpg

We just took delivery of our new LazyBoy furniture. We replaced the existing recliners and changed out the air bed sofa with a duel reclining Love seat in our 2013 Bighorn 3685RL. The new furniture went in with no problem. Sorry there is so much sun in the pic but you'll get the idea. If you are in the position of putting the recliners in the rear of the coach and are looking for replacements that will fit, look at LazyBoy Pinnacle Series. They fit in there very well with the slides closed and pose no clearance issues.

The old was removed without too much problem. The chairs went out in one piece and the sofa bed went out standing on end once the feet were removed to gain the needed clearance at the door.

Our sofa was not attached to the floor. This new ensemble also gave us a more room at the dining room table. All and all this was a win/win!