Auto landing gear

Good morning!

First day with new to us bighorn! Got home with it late last night. Unhooked this morning and pushed the auto level button. Leveled up and at the end the two middle pads were about 2" from the ground? My driveway is fairly level. Not perfect but way more level than any camp spots I'm going to be camping at in the woods. I pulled them in manually a few inches and put blocks under the four back ones. Pushed auto level again and it leveled up with all six in contact with the ground. Is there not enough action in the rams or am I doing something wrong? I would rather not use blocks in gravel....

Last edited by a moderator:

fastcarsspeed

It is recommended to use blocks when not on solid ground like concrete. Most use a good piece of 2X12 or 2x10 pressure treated on ground or gravel to help spread the load out for the feet. That or get the snappads.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Sounds to me like your jacks are mounted to high and the previous owner was probably using blocks.
You can take those blocks out and level it again. Then measure the leg, the 4 rear jacks only have 15" of ram travel.
I have lowered a few sets now all on Big Horns putting them at about 11" then adding the SnapPads will be at approximately 9.5" to 10" off the ground when up.
It only takes a few minutes each jack to lower them, using a Dewalt impact.

Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

The 10" is measured on good flat ground. Also make sure the rear jacks are set above the line from the bottom of your rear tires to the lowest point at the rear of your frame. You should be well about that amagiary line but every rig seems to to a little different.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

If the bolt threads are clean of rust on the back side you won't even need a wrench to hold them. I was able to just use my fingers and zap them with the impact wrench.
I think it was a 3/4" socket

Sweet

when mama gets done cleaning and putting all our stuff in there I'll defenately get those adjusted!

Thanks for all your input!

Gary521

Don't lower the front jacks. The front jacks have 22" of travel. I lowered the front jacks on mine when I lowered the rest of them - mistake. I got into a site that was not level front to back and could not auto level the trailer. I put the front jacks back to the original position when I got home.