auto leveling feet/legs

bush

can you raise the feet/legs on the auto leveling systems. I am in the process of buying a 2017 edge 386 toyhauler and it has the auto level and i think the legs are two low to make it up my driveway. have a set of cattle guards on my driveway and think the middle legs may hit. from looking at them they are 3 extra holes to raise them up. anyone ever done it?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There is no reason that you could not raise the legs but beware that you might run out of stroke when leveling.

Peace
Dave

happykraut

Cookie is absolutely right. When I picked up my BH at the dealer, the self leveling would time out. Looong story short, the center leg was to high. It would barely touch the ground then time out. Lippert lowered the legs one notch and all was OK.

porthole

Retired
thanks. i will raise them up and use blocks.

If you are going to do this, you should raise all 4 rear jacks an equal amount. E.G, when stowed, the bottom plate should be the same height on all four.

Otherwise, you can possibly run all four jacks down to the limits. If the center or rear jacks are raised on the frame, when they limit out in use, the other set of jacks will continue to travel.
This would put undue stress on the frame.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
If you are going to do this, you should raise all 4 rear jacks an equal amount. E.G, when stowed, the bottom plate should be the same height on all four.

Otherwise, you can possibly run all four jacks down to the limits. If the center or rear jacks are raised on the frame, when they limit out in use, the other set of jacks will continue to travel.
This would put undue stress on the frame.

Is this a fact? Our middle jacks sit lower than the rear jacks. The entire system works as it should.

porthole

Retired
Is this a fact? Our middle jacks sit lower than the rear jacks.

On level ground with the trailer level on the landing gear, max out your jacks.

Left or right side rear jacks "float". They will continue to extend to the limit as long as you keep the button pressed.

Once your rear jacks limit out, the middle will continue to travel until reaching max extension.

The entire system works as it should.

Was not suggesting the system does not work as it should. If the jacks are not set evenly on the frame, it will work as normal hydraulically operated rams in the manual mode.