Autoformers

ArkSlim

:confused: Thinking of getting an autoformer, 3 questions, Are they worth the expense. Is one brand better than another. Do you need a surge protector in addition to the autoformer? I'm very defiecent in elect. knowledge.:eek:

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I purchased a Hughes autoformer from camping world a few years ago when we had a tt. I knew would soon be getting a fith wheel with 50amp service so we got the 50 amp. Expensive yes,but I feel it is worth the expense.The guy at cw told me that with the autoformer a surge protector is not need.If you stay in an older campground I would say it is a necessity because of low power.

ArkSlim

Autoformer

Thanks for the info. I,m looking at the Hughes and the performance products they appear to be very similar.:confused:

trdeal

When I bought mine about 6 yrs ago camping world would charge a 100.00 per month to your cc. That is how I got mine. You can do the same thing now I think,but you have to get one of their credit cards and they give you a year to pay for it interest free.Last season I bought the fifth airborne hitch and did it that way.

jbeletti

Ark Slim,

I have the Hughes Autoformer. I like it. It has always performed for me (on its second season). They are $$

That said, there are other brands and other items that do more. If I had my druthers, I'd have something built into the coach, but I do not have that option.

Jim

trdeal

Ark Slim,

I have the Hughes Autoformer. I like it. It has always performed for me (on its second season). They are $$

That said, there are other brands and other items that do more. If I had my druthers, I'd have something built into the coach, but I do not have that option.

Jim
I am with you on this one. I would like to have one built into the coach,but as long as the autoformer works I am not going to spend the $$ to buy something else.