Awning handle needs replacing or repair

We have a north country 26SRL. Dometic awning. The handles need replacing but I can't find this style. Questions: can the handle be repaired I have not been able to find that on YouTube. Will the generic handle you find anywhere work as a replacement. Seems like a 50 cent spring should fix. Dometic will sell me a new arm for $250. Does anyone know or has anyone replaced this handle. Advice appreciated.

I’ve been trying to find this lift handle for 8 months but no success. Does anyone with this style sunchaser awning know where to get this lift handle? Help is appreciated.

Is the handle broken or is it just a spring?

Peace
Dave
It’s probably just the spring or some plastic part. I see what looks like remnants of a black plastic. I haven’t removed the handle I guess I should do that. I just wanted the replacement and install it. I can get the entire arm assembly for $250 but I just need the handles. Someone makes those I just have had no luck in finding them.

danemayer

Do you have the Sunchaser model #?

Your blue pouch probably has a manual for the awning, which may have a parts list. Searching by model/part # is usually most productive. But model # will probably get you there.

I notice that Dometic has Sunchaser lift arm kits, but they look a bit different from yours. Can't tell if they would work on your awning, even though different.

Do you have the Sunchaser model #?

Your blue pouch probably has a manual for the awning, which may have a parts list. Searching by model/part # is usually most productive. But model # will probably get you there.

I notice that Dometic has Sunchaser lift arm kits, but they look a bit different from yours. Can't tell if they would work on your awning, even though different.
I will check it out. I’ve been working through heartland customer service. They actually have been very helpful in trying to help me out on a couple of issues. The contact I’ve had with Dometic is they will sell me the entire arm assembly but say the handles aren’t available. I talked with customer service at heartland and explained that someone makes the handles so they should be available for sale. Heartland in checking with Dometic said the Dometic makes the assemblies. I thought probably someone else made the assemblies for them and whoever that someone was would also have the handles. It just appears they don’t want to sell the handles separately I don’t know why but that seems to be the case. Thanks everyone for helping out I would use an available substitute handle if I knew iwhich one would fit. Sunchaser #802GU16.401B