Awning pulled from side of North Trail

Yesterday, my daughter tripped and as she fell forward, she grabbed awning support. All the screws were pulled from the side of the trailer. We were able to get it back up in the closed position, but we desperately need assistance in how to repair the problem so we can return home.
Thanks in advance,
littlerhodey

jnbhobe

Have you checked for water damage, something other than someone hanging on the rail made the screws pull out. I would look at bolting thru the wall with SS bolts and a plate.

'Lil Guy'

Not exactly sure about the screws on the awning but if the screws pulled, could you go with larger screws and use silicon to seal? If not, maybe the plastic inserts used in drywall with appropriate size screw to match. I'm sure others will chime in.

Bones

can you post a picture. The idea of adding anchors so you can get home is a good one or you may have to use some gorilla tape to hold everything up if some things are still attached. If none of this will work you may have to take the awning apart for your trip home.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
If you are unable to fix it properly or get bigger screws what I would do is, open the awning a bit, try and get that rail as flat to your rig as possible and duct tape it down. Use more tape on the back side than the leading edge so it will still hold well in the wind. Then close it and tape it again over the main awning arm. Just keep an eye on it as you go back home.

Bones

If you are unable to fix it properly or get bigger screws what I would do is, open the awning a bit, try and get that rail as flat to your rig as possible and duct tape it down. Use more tape on the back side than the leading edge so it will still hold well in the wind. Then close it and tape it again over the main awning arm. Just keep an eye on it as you go back home.
X2 on this

LBR

X3...plus can you loop a cinch strap thru that motor end and lightly cinch it around a roof vent, AC unit to help support it and also as a safetyguard if tape lets loose? May extend the strap with rope or another strap tied together for enough lenght.