Awning Question

Dtaylor52

My TT has a Carefree TravelR awning. It is the flat pitch type. I would like to convert it to the adjustable pitch type. Does anyone know if you can just replace the arms only? If so, where do I find replacement parts. I have emailed Carefree but they do not appear very diligent in responding to emails. does anyone know of another source for the parts?

Manzan

In Gillet last year one of the reps said you can get replacement parts to make one of the electric awnings adjustable and he said they would fit the competition's awning. Can't remember more than that but keep looking.

Dtaylor52

Yeah, I have been all over Google but have not been able to come up with anything. Do you remember the company name by chance??

Lou_and_Bette

I have a flat pitch motorized Carefree on my rig that just failed...the auto rain dump feature failed and collapsed the front arm. I contacted Carefree (less than stellar help) and was told that they didn't make the flat pitched arms any more and that my only fix was to switch to the adjustable arms. So, you can switch to adjustable arms. I finally contacted a company called ShadePro and they had some left over flat pitched arms. They also sell the conversion arms you seek. Remember, you can't buy anything directly from Carefree of Colorado, you must go through one of their 'dealers" Lou