Awning Recall

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Interesting reading, guess we should check our model numbers and compare. Recommend not trailering or driving unit unitl repaired. Yeah right just spent a ton of money on new Key Largo and I cant travel. Hope I dont have one of those units.

VKTalley

Very interesting.....how are you to get it repaired if your closest repair shop is over an hour away? Just wondering, not sure if we are affected by this or not.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
DUH...I took it to mean the type with the wind sensor...my mistake! However, it does say the faulty units were produced between 2/13/2013 and 4/9/2013...luckily our Landmark was built in December.

Vtxkid

I'm going to get with my customer service rep in person here in Elkhart in about an hour. I will talk to him and see if I can narrow down the concern for us Heartland guys...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
DUH...I took it to mean the type with the wind sensor...my mistake! However, it does say the faulty units were produced between 2/13/2013 and 4/9/2013...luckily our Landmark was built in December.

Ours has a wind sensor. The newer ones do not.

Vtxkid

Just returned from inspecting my Cyclone being repaired at the Heartland shop and was able to corner my customer rep and ask him about our concerns on this awning recall. His response was that, yes we are aware of this recall and yes Heartland units are affected. However he continued by saying that Heartland is not performing any of this recall work as this is a Domestic recall. He did say that anybody affected would eventually receive a written notification but also recommended that anyone that wanted to know whether or not their RV awning is affect is to have their awning model and serial number and call Domestic at this number 1-888-447-0003.

Theresau

I contacted my dealer - they are checking with Dometic to see if our awning is included - prob is because it was built on 4/22. However, Heartland indicated that they had replaced some of the motors but did not keep track of the VIN #'s of those with replacement.

I hope this doesn't delay our pick up of our BC even further !!!

Thanks for the info.......

Mrsfish

Very interesting. We picked up our 2014 BH on Good Friday and have already had to replace the motor on the awning. Hope we're now outside this problem

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Here's a link from RV Business:

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2013/05/dometic-usa-recalling-rv-power-awning-kits/
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh great, As if I don't have enough "concerns" about my 2014 San Antonio, both my main awning and my secondary awning off of the main slide out are Dominic 9100's and both have model numbers beginning 3079.... The slide awning was manufactured 2/25/13 and the main awning was manufactured 2/21/13. Both of those fit squarely in the realm of the recall mentioned in your post. Bummer:(:(

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
So what can happen or what should I be looking for sinve we have a regional rally next week. Is there a temp fix?

Murry135/Capt. Wingnut

Vtxkid

So what can happen or what should I be looking for sinve we have a regional rally next week. Is there a temp fix?

Murry135/Capt. Wingnut

You could start by calling Dometic at the number listed above.