axel ratngs

Gas20

My wheels on my 5ver are 16 inch. They have 8 lugs and the rims have a load capacity of 3580. Would my axel be 7000 lb. Axel ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

There should be a stamped plate on the axle also I think the 7000lbs axles have 2" brakes and the 8000lbs have 3"

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

My wheels on my 5ver are 16 inch. They have 8 lugs and the rims have a load capacity of 3580. Would my axel be 7000 lb. Axel ?

Your current rig listed on the left says "2011 Heartland Bighorn" and your signature says "2014 Big Horn". You do not say the model. I would not go by the rim size, but look at the sticker on your rig on the drivers side for the GVWR. Subtract the pin weight 2100 or more pounds and divide by two. That should tell you your axel rating. If the stickers from Dexter are still on the axels and you want to crawl under, it will tell you as well.

danemayer

Without model info, I'd guess the rim load capacity of 3580 puts you into the 6,000 lb axle. That would tie out with a GVWR of about 14,000. Pin weight of 2,100 to 3,000 would be subtracted from the GVWR to find the weight the axles are carrying.