Axle Spindle Nut Torque?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Tighten them up to make sure everything is seated good then back them off a 1/4 turn you should feel a tinny bit of play when you push on the top of the tire. With it off the ground of course.
If you do not feel any play in the bearings it's to tight, to much play is not good either.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

MTPockets

Tighten them up to make sure everything is seated good then back them off a 1/4 turn you should feel a tinny bit of play when you push on the top of the tire. With it off the ground of course.
If you do not feel any play in the bearings it's to tight, to much play is not good either.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
. This is correct.. It's also good to spin the wheel a few revolutions with the nut finger tight before checking for that tiny bit of play.

Lou_and_Bette

I do it the "old fashion" way...tighten nut to 50 fps WHILE spinning wheel, give the tire a few whacks in approximately 4 sides with rubber hammer, then back off nut and retighten nut finger tight.

ray587

Straight from the Lippert axle manual. Tighten to 50ft lbs then back off and tighten finger tight.

TandC

Thanks to you all.
We've gone a little over 200 miles wo problems after using the "tighten and then back off" method.
I did not have a big enough socket to tighten to 50 ft lbs.
I appreciate your replies
Terrell