B.A.R.T. is in the Shop

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
How do you spell d i e s e l? Is it g a s o ... LOL Sorry for the mistake Ray. I hope and pray it never happens to me.

nscaler2

You might be surprised!!

:eek: Ray, those diesel handles on the pumps are usually GREEN or YELLOW! :D

Glad it all worked out!
Now days a green handle on the pump does not necessarily mean that it is diesel. Just drove across the country from Missouri to Florida and saw many pumps with green handles and NO diesel at the pump at all. I could be an easy mistake to make. There should be some kind of industry standard, but it appears that there is not. :eek::eek:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I regularly buy diesel from this station whenever we're in Dixon, IL. It's a BP but the diesel is in the same island as the gasoline and the diesel pump handle is a dark dirty green. very close to the dark dirty blue for the mid grade unleaded. They were even the same price! I guess there's a first time for everything. I hope it will be the last. We drove a bit over 200 miles today and the beast runs better than ever. The new injectors are much quieter than the old.:D:D:D

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Ray, glad you got BART back and she's good as new, maybe better with the new injectors.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Ray
Glad you Got BART running. When we get to the Rally we will introduce Bertha to Bart and see if something intresting happens..

Bertha is running well now that I replaced the FICM the EGR Valve and cleaned the injectors. Haven't pulled the 5er with it yet but it seems to be doing a great job.

Time to hook up and hit the black top..

Ray LeTourneau

Ray
Glad you Got BART running. When we get to the Rally we will introduce Bertha to Bart and see if something intresting happens..

Bertha is running well now that I replaced the FICM the EGR Valve and cleaned the injectors. Haven't pulled the 5er with it yet but it seems to be doing a great job.

Time to hook up and hit the black top..
:D:DBobcat, check out my original post. When the guy with the Ford tow truck wanted to get BART on the bed, Bart wasn't having any of that. He got his Duramax running just long enough for me to drive it to the dealer. BART wants nothing to do with Fords.;):D

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
I have and 06 F250 6.0 and have just replaced the EGR Valve and had it de-carbed. The turbo was holding open and kicking in continously. After it was fixed the truck runs quieter, and smoother. This sounds like a common problem with the 6.0's. The Ford dealer said that it need to be de-carbed about every 30k miles.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I went to Dieselstop.com and read about my 6.0 Diesel. That is where I found out that the Ford 6.0 had problems with the FICM (Fuel Injector Control Moduele) and that the EGR Valves clog and coke up. I also found out that the EGR valve is under the Exaust Manifold. I extended the warranty on my engine just the other day. Each of these could have cost me 2 or 3 grand in parts and labor.

Another thing I found out was that if the computer does not through the right codes they can't replace a part that is showing up as the problem. When my FICM was going bad it only showed that I was having an Injector 2 problem. I kept driving it and finally the module threw a code to the computer.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
:D:DBobcat, check out my original post. When the guy with the Ford tow truck wanted to get BART on the bed, Bart wasn't having any of that. He got his Duramax running just long enough for me to drive it to the dealer. BART wants nothing to do with Fords.;):D

Now, now Ray. You do remember what our fellow Heartland member, Uncle Rog once said, don't you?

"Just because the Duramax pulls better, gets better mileage, is faster and looks sharper doesn't make it a superior tow vehicle, it just doesn't."

You need to give BART some extra something for staying off that ford! :D That's one smart Duramax!

nhunter

Now, now Ray. You do remember what our fellow Heartland member, Uncle Rog once said, don't you?

"Just because the Duramax pulls better, gets better mileage, is faster and looks sharper doesn't make it a superior tow vehicle, it just doesn't."

You need to give BART some extra something for staying off that ford! :D That's one smart Duramax!
You just have to do all that with a smaller lighter trailer. Great Truck!;)

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
You hang on to that Chevy, HT. I would rather have a sister working in a "House of Ill Repute" than a Brother in a Ford.:D;):p

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
But just as a casual (but admittedly biased) observer, I've noticed that for some reason most of the posts about adding electronic gizmos and doo-dads to improve their vehicle either owns a Ford or Dodge. Curious minds want to know why :confused:.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
My Ford is a virgin. It does not need any help.:confused:

If you look around all the real work trucks are FORD...

When the work gets tough, the tough gets going Ford tough. :cool:

Ford out sells all other brands.. and we don't need any of the bail out money.

Dodge is being bought by Fiat. GM is going down the tubes and going to be run by the government.

If you don't have a Ford now you will in the future...:D

Roll On..

Ray LeTourneau

Come on guys? This is starting to sound like a bunch of kids. My dad can beat up your dad. I guess maybe it's my fault cause I started it with the tow truck comment. Sorry bout that. It wasn't meant to be serious.

jpmorgan37

My first truck was a 1953 Ford, flat head V-8 and to this day, it was still the best truck I ever owned. (IMHO) I painted it Sapphire Blue Poly, dual exhaust with steel pack mufflers and chrome 4" shorty exhaust tips, sun visor and a Mack bulldog on the hood. Now we won't go into what was under the hood, but she ran "good". Again, just my opinion. And gas was 18 cents a gallon at the Gulf station, 25 cents for the good stuff at Sunoco.

Oh yes, they were the days.

Sorry, I shouldn't have posted this here-it wasn't a diesel.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hay Ray
I was just joshing.. You know that.. No harm ment.. Just having some fun.

Don't get your jockys in a bunch.. Everyone likes what they have and each to their own. I WAS NOT OFFENDED and did not mean to offend anyone else. I use the funny faces.. Maybe I should have included LOL..

We all have great TV and each has their problems.
Sorry if anyone was offended..

BC

TXBobcat

Fulltime
John
You brought back some old memories. My first car was 1951 Mercury. Had a sunvisor, long finder skirts, spinner hub caps, wide white sidewalls, and two tone green. The engine was a V8 but found out it did have a cracked block.

Always loved the car that Stallone used in Cobra.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hay Ray
I was just joshing.. You know that.. No harm ment.. Just having some fun.

Don't get your jockys in a bunch.. Everyone likes what they have and each to their own. I WAS NOT OFFENDED and did not mean to offend anyone else. I use the funny faces.. Maybe I should have included LOL..

We all have great TV and each has their problems.
Sorry if anyone was offended..

BC

So was I :D.