B&W Hitch Question - New Ford F-350

tcfake613

OK folks... big help needed here.

My dad just picked up his 2012 F-350 Lariat last night. He wrongly assumed he could get the B&W hitch assembly for the Ford pre-installed fifth wheel hitch. Apparently they are non-existent!

B&W part # RVK3300. It's the assembly that fits in the Ford factory fifth wheel hitch prep with the four pucks.

Any ideas on locating one??? Anywhere??

Thanks!

Last edited:

Like2Camp

You have the correct model number (P/N) - But Tweetys and two hours of phone calls across the country turned up nothing in stock - anywhere. Please let me know if anybody has one in stock!!! URGENT!!!!
Thanks,
The Dad
Like2Camp

tcfake613

Although most of the websites advertise this hitch as being available (Tweetys included) they actually do not have them. Apparently B&W didn't estimate the demand quite right. Seems a lot of folks are buying new Fords with factory fifth wheel hitch prep and wanting the B&W package.

RoadJunkie

Are they available through Ford? Perhaps the way to get a hitch--for future buyers--is to order the truck with the hitch included? Probably quite expensive to go this route, it it's even an option. Good luck!

Like2Camp

Are they available through Ford? Perhaps the way to get a hitch--for future buyers--is to order the truck with the hitch included? Probably quite expensive to go this route, it it's even an option. Good luck!

Ford partnered with Reese when they developed this prep package and you can purchase the Reese hitch through Ford for lot more money than a B&W. You can't buy a B&W through Ford.
My personal preference is B&W I wouldn't own a Reese fifth wheel hitch after owning and using a B&W for over 8 years; there is a difference.
I'm sure I'll get grief for that comment - but that's the way it is....

I'm still looking for just one RVK3300 B&W OEM Companion Fifth Wheel Hitch - everyone is advertizing them but NO ONE has one in stock.

My new F350 is sitting in front of my 2011 BigHorn without a hitch - I feel naked and helpless.

Happy Camping,
Like2Camp

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
If the B&W were available when we bought our truck I would have purchased it in a second. Had one in my Dodge and loved it! our Ford came with the prep package, when we made the deal I ordered a bed mat and B&W hitch from the dealer planning to remove the rails. No luck, lock tight is used at the factory on the bolts. I called the GM and he talked to his service guy who said they had done one like that and had to remove the bed and cut the bolts off. I ended up with the Reese. It's OK but I like the B&W a whole lot better.

rick_debbie_gallant

You might try craigs list. I found one a couple years ago in like new condition for 500.00 within 75 miles.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Red Tapatalk

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Let me make a few calls tomorrow morning when I get to work, and I'll see if our distributor has one in any of the warehouses. I'll see if I can find one close to you. I just sold one a few weeks ago, but there are none in our closest warehouse and I have to log into our system to check the other 4 warehouses.

Like2Camp

Let me make a few calls tomorrow morning when I get to work, and I'll see if our distributor has one in any of the warehouses. I'll see if I can find one close to you. I just sold one a few weeks ago, but there are none in our closest warehouse and I have to log into our system to check the other 4 warehouses.

Thank you Rick,
I hope that you are succesfull; thanks for taking the time to help the search I do appreciate it.
PM me if you find one.
Bill
Like2Camp

Like2Camp

Thanks Rick and everyone else for your help and suggestions.

It looks like I have located a B&W hitch, it's being shipped from CA. It should be here in PA early / mid next week.
(Hopefully just in time for our big summer trip to the PA Grand Canyon area). I can't wait to hook up the new F350 to the BigHorn and hit the road.

Regards,
Bill
Like2Camp

rick_debbie_gallant

you will like the B&W. We do anyway. The previous owner had a permanent teflon or some other hard stuff fixed to it. Works like a charm and zero need for grease. Now if You had a DODGE you would have no worries. But such is life:cool: