Back to the drawing board

Hello fellow campers. I have a 2014 Elkridge with the optional front Dometic A/C. During the second season I noticed that when it rains, and the unit is running, a tremendous amount of water gets sucked in. If I shut the unit off it stops. At no other time does water get inside unless it is raining. I had the foam gasket replaced that season (2015) and hoped that would solve the problem. Then the next season (2016) I had the same issue. I used some aluminum tape and placed it inside the unit everywhere I could see the unit / gasket / ceiling joined together. This past weekend, same problem. Rain storm rolls up and water starts getting sucked in. Turn the unit off, no more water enters. Does anyone have another option I could try? Thanks

I just read from another thread that NHCelt sealed the unused A/C mounting holes with caulk and that stopped the leak. This weekend I will get on the roof and take the shroud off both my units to see if I need to caulk the holes.

OK, I got up on the roof and removed the fiberglass cover and the Styrofoam one as well. I do not see where I have an additional set of mounting holes on the front or the back. I believe the unit I have is a Brisk Air II. I called heartland and they do not have any other suggestions.

Can anyone on the forum offer any ideas? Thanks

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
Just a suggestion, but get back on top with the unit running and feel for air being drawn into the edges of the unit...might be able to find a hidden area that didn't get sealed off correctly. I suggest doing it with the cover on and off.