Backup Camera - suggestions?

Aandaar

Re: Camera

Those loosing signal most likely do not have a good 12V DC feed to the camera. As I stated, I can drive 800-1000 feet away before I loose signal. My camera was power from the sconce light circuit on the off door side next to the rear window. I just add another switch to the sconce light base to turn the camera off while parked. Chris

Not sure about this Snoke. I too can drive away from the rig and get great signal half way down our block.

But as soon as I tuck under the nose of the 5th. I goes to crap. That is why I move the antenna to LOS. Now I get 3 to full bars with little to no dropouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Are any of you removing the cameras between trips or are you concerned with theft? And I'm trying to be clear about the "always on" issue. When we park between trips we always use the battery disconnect. If you were dry camping, would this be much of a draw? I like the idea of wiring it to the running lights but, (and I might be selling hubby short here) I'm not sure if hubby would be comfortable doing this without a wiring guide.

Sandy

We full time, so always on is always on. If stored with no shore power, I assume the battery disconnect would cut power to the camera. If boondocking, it would have some draw all the time because there is a small blue light illuminated on the camera all the time it has power. Not sure how much draw the camera has. If this is a concern, some have rewired to connect the trailer's running light nearby.

Someone would have to climb onto the roof and lean over to remove 4 screws to pull the camera from the mounting bracket. I'm not sure if that is something I would worry about?

SNOKING

Not sure about this Snoke. I too can drive away from the rig and get great signal half way down our block.

But as soon as I tuck under the nose of the 5th. I goes to crap. That is why I move the antenna to LOS. Now I get 3 to full bars with little to no dropouts.

How are you powering the camera? Chris

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
I ordered the Furrion FOS48TAPK-BL Wireless RV Observation Camera from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010XWNFOM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . It works great and I tapped right into the power wire going to the center marker light (there were already wire nuts there). I mounted it above the light so the antenna was higher and used a paint pen to 'black-out' the top of the light to prevent glare. It works great and is on ONLY when the lights are on. As most states require the lights on day and night when towing, it works out great. The only time I lost a signal bar was when I passed the end of a runway that has a PAPI landing system. This is a great buy!
[h=1][/h]

Attachments

• 30RKDD Furrion Camera.jpg
    30RKDD Furrion Camera.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 30