Bathroom Sink Leak..Question

NoDak

Hello folks, just recently purchased a used 32BUDS. I had Camping World in Nashville go through the entire unit top to bottom. They found that a seal was bad in the bathroom sink/facet. They did not have an exact exchange so went with a different model for the replacement. The facet they used I have never seen before. It has your hot/cold handles but in between them is a black plug that is threaded on the top. Within this black plug is a small hole. When I turn on the facet it leaks from this black plug hole. No sure the exact fix but wanted to ask here and see if anyone can lend a hand. Thanks in advance.

Nathan

jimtoo

Hi Nathan,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Hopefully some of our other members will jump in soon will an answer.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
This sounds like a shower fixture. Between the hot & cold would be where the shower hose attaches with the spray fixture at the other end. Here is a link to what I believe the OP is referring to.
If this is the case, there may be a cap available to prevent the leak. It's not really the right faucet to use unless your bathroom sink is also your shower fixture.

NoDak

Ray, YES this is the exact thing that I am referring to. Not sure why they installed this but the hole that runs the length of the "spray fixture" is what fills up and then overflows. I have to believe that the slide rod that activates the shower head unit is inop or hung up, either way it doesn't stop/close it off enough to prevent the overflow of water out of it. I will be stopping in Camping World and picking up the proper facet before we head to the RV. How hard/difficult is it to replace the facet unit? Any special tools needed to complete the job? This will be the first repair of this kind I have done myself and just want to make sure I show up with everything that I may need. Thanks again guys. Nathan

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
There should be no special tools needed. The hot and cold lines should only be hand tight. Then 2 large plastic nuts hold the fixture in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

MCTalley

Note that the faucet is what is known in the industry as a "4 inch centerset faucet". A quick walk down the plumbing fixture aisle in your local big box home improvement store will reveal a plethora of compatible faucets in other than "cheap RV plastic". We wasted no time in replacing ours with a nice nickel Peerless faucet.

bathroomsinkafter.jpg

NoDak

Thanks folks for the help and info. I picked up a replacement and will have the swap done on Friday. Thanks again