Battery Power

Dober2004

Looking for some help. Our battery is not supplying any power to our camper. We have tested the battery and it is good. However, we are getting nothing, no lights, landing gear...etc. On shore power everything is works fine. Has anybody else come across this? It is a 2013 Cyclone 3100

Dober2004

Thanks Dan. We have looked for the reset button (looked at all pictures posted and in Guide) and we do not have a reset button like the ones shown. Any other suggestions? Is it possible they forgot to install a reset button?

wdk450

Dober:
Do you have a DC voltmeter or test light? The bus bar that the mini breakers are attached to should be connected to the + battery terminal with a good sized cable. The bus bar should have the same 12 volts you measure on the + battery terminal to ground. What ground reference are you using in your testing? Is the ground cable making a good connection to the metal chassis from the - battery terminal? I ask all of this because the front and rear landing gear are usually connected trough mini breakers at the buss bar. The lights and electrical loads on the DC fuse panel are connected to the converter/charger and these circuits are joined to the battery through the top mini breaker on the buss bar.

Dober2004

Thanks all for your input. Used a test light and finally found a loose connection so the problem is now fixed. I am still trying to locate the reset button on the buss bar. I am convinced now that they forgot to install one. Fortunately that wasn't the problem.

danemayer

Thanks all for your input. Used a test light and finally found a loose connection so the problem is now fixed. I am still trying to locate the reset button on the buss bar. I am convinced now that they forgot to install one. Fortunately that wasn't the problem.

The factory might have installed the wrong one, or a dealer might have changed it out for some reason. I suspect there's a good reason for the manual reset breaker, but I don't know the thinking behind it.

Dan, Thank you so much for providing the 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic Guide. I it solved my issue. We were having issues with our batteries charging (Our camper is only six months old for us but the camper was sitting on the lot for a while. I finally replaced the batteries but then had issues with charging. I was pulling my hair out (or what is left of it LOL) trying to find the issue. Went through all fuses check, GFI etc. with no luck. I had heard something about this buss bar breaker but could not see it readily. The descriptions and images you provided made all the difference. the little button was there. Yea! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sincerely,

Frederick Daenitz

jimtoo

Hi Frederick,

Welcome to the posting side of theHeartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed as you have found.

Check out the Heartland Owners Club and join us at a rally when you can.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M