Bedliner: Drop-in or Spray-in?

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
Hey Jim,
Just got back from vacation and noticed all the replies about the liners, if you have not removed your liner as of yet, the removal is very simple, open tailgate, stand on either ground or on tailgate... then pull up in the middle of the liner and the liner then colapses and you can pull it out from under the top rail and that's it... should not take any more than 10 min. (oh ya might wear some gloves!). Hope this helps if you already got it out, then have a great day...
Mike

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We drilled the holes and took the rails to the installer with the truck. He sprayed the liner in and sprayed the rails separately. That way they are protected and so is the bed if we pull the rails out for some reason.

Shadowchek

I have the line x liner and love it. I had the rails sprayed seperately then installed them. I should of masked the areas where the bolts go through and the hitch fits through. It wasn't easy to grind that part off. It is some pretty tough stuff. I had an extra set of rails so I took a chance. It all worked out with some elbow grease and a dremel. Now I have coated rails also. Probably not necessarry but it kind of makes the rails less obvious when I pull the hitch out.

Greg

Duramax1

I put in a bed mat and am quite pleased that it provides a non slip surface for those non towing months when I have removed the 5th wheel hitch, it is a Reese with under bed rails, and replaced my tonneau cover.

Delaine and Lindy

I used to have a spray in liner put in my Trucks before I every used them. After a half dozen or so I decided that it was just a waste of money. Because it really made no difference when trading or selling the Truck. Another reason is the most I haul in the bed of my Truck is a 5th wheel hitch and a over the rail tool box. I do have a rubber bed mat, and when I install the 5th wheel hitch it sets on top of the rubber mat. I really think it just isn't worth the price unless you keep the Truck over 10 years and most people don't. But if it makes you feel good do it. GBY....

boatdoc

After three trucks with the spray-in liner, I have to agree with Delaine and Lindy. Our trucks have done nothing but pull the 5th wheel and aren't the DD or farm/construction rig. I was almost redy to take the new Dodge down and have the spray-in done and then thought what the heck for?
Now after seeing what they are getting for them I'll just do some other neat little things with that money.:D Bed matts are cheap.

Fordsd250

I also use the bed mat and when I wash the TV I just pull out the mat and clean the bed very easily. JMHO:p

Uncle Rog

I will not ever use a drop in liner again, too slippery / dangerous for me. I went with the Turbo Liner. The shop was close and it was quite a bit less $. I agree with the earlier post that the coating is thicker and a little more pliable so it has a better non-skid surface, IMO. I had them do the side rails also to keep scratches from showing and it looks better to me..............

NWTFHunter

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
spray in

Have had our spray in for 2 years now and it looks like new. Had our Reese Signature installed after the liner was applied. No problems.