Bedrom Slide Leak and Rot

jonesj2

I purchased the Sundance 2900MK and have had problems with the bedroom slide pretty much right after I purchased it. I have contacted the factory about the water entering the slide and they told me the dam was not sealed as it should have been and how to repair it. Last week we identified water again and found that the dam had fallen and only had 1 screw holding it inplace allowing water to enter the coach. The slide floor has started to rot pretty badly and need to be replaced.

Will Heartland send me instructions and a schematic on how to repalce the rotten floor.

Also, would this be something that Heartland would be willing to fix since it was identified shortly after purchase?

I ahve also sent a message on the Heartland hoe page under contact us. All of my contact info was submited there.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

VIN: 5SFGF29299E03102
Make: Heartland/Sundance
Model: 2900MK
DOM: 1-3-2008
DOP: 1-26-2008

tmcran

Jim, this is not an uncommon problem. I had the same problem. The dealer I had fabricated another dam and repositioned the bottom rubber seal so the water could drain out the weep holes better. Good luck.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
OK...so you bought this unit 5 years ago and the problem was never fixed? Now you want Heartland to fix it?

jonesj2

Westxsrt1o, it was fixed per Jim Finners instructons at Heartland. Just asking the question. As you can see there has been many issues with the dam and leaking slides for all HL brands, just read Tmcran's post. Its just crazy bad design.

guitarpicr

To OP - My 2 cents - I think they should stand behind it & fix it, if this was an ongoing problem & never repaired correctly by the dealership. Was it returned to the dealership where purchased for the repair?