Bedroom slide leak

JerryDH

My bedroom slide on my Bighorn 3160EL leaks on the rear bottom corner when rains when the slide is out. The seals all appear to be in place. The dealer gave me some caulk to recaulk the bottom corner but it still leaks. I have checked the top and all around the slide for missing caulk and everything looks good. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks

Bones

I would suggest looking around at night with two people. Have some one with a bright spot light and you inside looking for the light then try reversing the procedure. If you still can't find it use a garden hose to try and find the leak. There is a good chance the water could be coming from somewhere else and running down and that is where it ends up.

Lou_and_Bette

On our RW, had an intermittent leak until I went out in pouring rain and watched how rain ran off. Much to my surprise, as water ran down one side wall it took a sharp turn towards window. Window was not completely caulked around so I caulked further around the edge leaving a small area at the very bottom open for drainage and no more leak.

NHCelt

Mine just leaked last night in very heavy rain....first time/front corner...watching this thread closely.

Celt...

rhodies1

My bedroom slide on my Bighorn 3160EL leaks on the rear bottom corner when rains when the slide is out. The seals all appear to be in place. The dealer gave me some caulk to recaulk the bottom corner but it still leaks. I have checked the top and all around the slide for missing caulk and everything looks good. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks

as mentioned ,check the caulking around the windows,check the top of your slides to ensure the rubber membrane is not torn and make sure the rubber seals are properly in place.

carl.swoyer

I had the same problem with my 2012 landmark Rushmore. Pull the rubber seal back and put a small bead of silicone at 45 degrees so that the water can't run back into the slide via the top edge of the metal brackets on each side.
2074a27836b8537837aba4ea8d5dfd84.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

NHCelt

Carl...I knew it was going to be something wacky like that. Everything else looked good. Must have been just the way it happened to be sitting...Thanks!!

QUOTE=carl.swoyer;491328]I had the same problem with my 2012 landmark Rushmore. Pull the rubber seal back and put a small bead of silicone at 45 degrees so that the water can't run back into the slide via the top edge of the metal brackets on each side.
2074a27836b8537837aba4ea8d5dfd84.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator:

NHCelt

Update...my local mechanic checked this and immediately found that the inside seal was cut too short on one side. The seal would do the same thing as the above caulking fix. My guy repaired it with caulking added to the opening left at the bottom of the short gasket. Poured rain last night and no leak.

To check, just peer behind the bottom of the exterior seal. You should not see an opening into the coach.

SNOKING

We just had a gully washer down pour and I had water dripping from dinette slide. Got the ladder out and found that the outer flap seal was folded in and not out in that area. Couple of the little flap turners are missing on the tops of my slides. Guess I will have to contact Heartland for replacements. I do not believe they cleaned the area well enough before sticking them on with foam tape. Chris