Bedroom slide not working 2016 3160EL

Brireey1600

Put slides in traveled to new site now bedroom slide will not go out. Seems like no power. I checked fuses and they looked fine. Is there an in line fuse somewhere. Any suggestions will be appreciated

mlpeloquin

Look at the breakers. One has a very small reset button hidden by the crimp lug an wire. Should be in your front storage compartment with the batteries.

Brireey1600

I cannot find the reset button. I checked the inline fuse checked all breakers and fuses in panel box but could not locate anything in front storage compartment

danemayer

Hi Briree1600,

With an electric slide, if you're not hearing any motor noise, either there's no power, or the circuit is open somewhere. The reset button being discussed is on a 12V mini-circuit breaker on a buss bar near the batteries. There are usually 4-6 breakers in a row, connected by a copper buss bar, and covered with a red rubber boot. Here's what they generally look like with the rubber boot removed.
Buss Bar boot off.jpg
One of these breakers likely supplies power to the slide motor.

If the breaker between the Power Converter and batteries, the one with a reset button, trips, the batteries will run down and not have enough power to run the slide motor.

An easy way to test for this condition is to turn off shore power and see if you still have interior lights and other 12V DC devices working. You can also press the Control Panel Test Button to see how the battery reads with shore power turned off. If you have 4 lights with shore power off, your breaker has not tripped.

Another possibility is that the wire nut connecting the motor to its power supply has come off and the circuit is now open. Depending on where your slide motor is, you may find these wires under the bed platform, or perhaps behind the fascia over the bed.

Another possibility is a loose connection at the buss bar. Even if your batteries are ok, if the wire going to the slide motor has a bad crimp where it connects to the buss bar, it might lose power.

rdufek

I had the same problem on one of my slides, I found that there is a controller attached to the ceiling in the front compartment, and a wire had come off of that. Plugged it back in and all was good.

Bob and Valerie Dufek

And our beloved Saint Penelope
2015 BH 3750FL
2014 Ram 3500 DRW
HOC # 2858

Brireey1600

Dan. I found the reset button but it did not seem to reset when I pushed it in. Could it be a bad switch?

- - - Updated - - -

Dan
I turned off shore power and batteries showed to be fully charged and 12 volt lights were all working.

- - - Updated - - -

Dan
I turned off shore power and batteries showed to be fully charged and 12 volt lights were all working.

Gary521

My motor location has an access door under the bed. The wiring to the motor was not routed very well. Check for loose wiring.

Brireey1600

Thanks Dan
i found the motor. There was an access panel under the bed. I think the motor is dead. My wife said when she tried to open the slide she could smell something like a motor heating up. Is there a reset on the motor? The slide switch in the past use to sometimes stick when pressed which could have had something to do with it.

danemayer

Don't know if the motor has a reset. If you think a sticky switch might have burned up the motor, you might be able to give it a sniff test. Also, check voltage at the wires going to the motor.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SNOKING

A multi meter and learning to use it can help a lot in trouble shooting such problems. Sounds like a good topic from a rally session/lesson. I made up a 30-35' meter lead with an alligator clip. Use it a lot working on boat systems. Boat is gone so it will move to trailer. Chris