Bedroom Slide not working

Mullins

:(2015 Cyclone 3110: This past saturday it worked fine. On Sunday Nothing;(not extending out) no noise, no grinding, nothing. What I have looked at so far are fuses, all good, breakers, all on. the little connectors on the bus bar by the battery, thinking there might be those real small reset buttons, there aren't any reset buttons. I'm trying the rocker switch today. Anybody know where the motor is for the BR slide on this unit?:( Kitchen and living area, both slides working fine.

57chevyconvt

Not familiar with your trailer or slide set-up, but for my Big Horn, there are selector valves (3-one for each slide) for the hydraulic system that allow me to determine which slides I want to move in and out. The selector valves are located adjacent to the hydraulic pump.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at some pictures of your floor plan I suspect that your bedroom slide is cable driven electric.
You might try pulling the lower drawers out and look for that motor.
FYI, the LED indicators for a blown fuse will not light up unless it is calling for a load.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The breakers have a very tiny reset button on some of them. Your 2 main slides are probably hydraulic. Is the BR slide electric or hydraulic?? Maybe a wire has come off under the bed at the motor. If you have a test light or DVOM meter. Check for 12V at both sides of all the breakers and go from there. BTW, do you have a separate switch for the BR slide??

bobca1

:(2015 Cyclone 3110: This past saturday it worked fine. On Sunday Nothing;(not extending out) no noise, no grinding, nothing. What I have looked at so far are fuses, all good, breakers, all on. the little connectors on the bus bar by the battery, thinking there might be those real small reset buttons, there aren't any reset buttons. I'm trying the rocker switch today. Anybody know where the motor is for the BR slide on this unit?:( Kitchen and living area, both slides working fine.
Hi Mullins, What turned out to be your problem? I also have 3110 and my bedroom slide (electric) failed today. While extending it seemed to be moving little slower than normal then at about 1/3 of way, about 1 ft open, stopped completely. Battery is good. I am going to check breakers next, then inspect motor and it's connectors where is the motor located on 3110?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

bobca1

One more question. If I am unable to get the motor working today, how can I retract the slide manually? Eg disconnect cables from outside brackets and push it in by hand? I need to move the trailer this afternoon.

Safari806

I too have a question on the bedroom slide. I have a 2013 Elkridge. The bedroom slide will not operate by the switch in the bedroom. It open and close with the remote that came with the trailer. At first I though it might be the switch, so I switch with the one in the main coach (no pun intended), still does not work. Near as I can tell both switches are wired the same. Any help here would greatly appreciated. Thanks

dave

danemayer

I too have a question on the bedroom slide. I have a 2013 Elkridge. The bedroom slide will not operate by the switch in the bedroom. It open and close with the remote that came with the trailer. At first I though it might be the switch, so I switch with the one in the main coach (no pun intended), still does not work. Near as I can tell both switches are wired the same. Any help here would greatly appreciated. Thanks

dave
Dave,

If this is a new problem, and you swapped switches, and the suspect switch works ok in the new position, and the substitute switch still doesn't do anything, you probably have a wire disconnected somewhere.

I'd suggest you check the wires at the motor that drives the slide, or at the relay operated by the remote. Perhaps another 2013 Elkridge owner can chime in with the location of the remote's control brain and relays.

Safari806

Dave,

If this is a new problem, and you swapped switches, and the suspect switch works ok in the new position, and the substitute switch still doesn't do anything, you probably have a wire disconnected somewhere.

I'd suggest you check the wires at the motor that drives the slide, or at the relay operated by the remote. Perhaps another 2013 Elkridge owner can chime in with the location of the remote's control brain and relays.

Where do I locate the relay?

- - - Updated - - -

I found the yellow wire disconnected. I am not sure if it's wired as the other one. The main switch has the yellow wired to two black/white wires. I would assume it is the same with the bedroom switch. This leave only the relay.

danemayer

The switches are probably set up like this one. This is for the hydraulic motor. The basic wiring should be about the same for an electric drive except that there's no valve wiring.

Attachments

• Lippert Landing Gear Wiring notated.pdf
    135.5 KB · Views: 47

bobca1

Hi Mullins, What turned out to be your problem? I also have 3110 and my bedroom slide (electric) failed today. While extending it seemed to be moving little slower than normal then at about 1/3 of way, about 1 ft open, stopped completely. Battery is good. I am going to check breakers next, then inspect motor and it's connectors where is the motor located on 3110?

Well, after sitting in hot CA sun today, the slide started working again. I was able to retract the slide this afternoon and get it moved. Will have to do some more testing before next trip. Maybe the breaker reset itself, or perhaps a loose connection. I found maintenance manual online for this slide which explains how to manually retract the slide using a hex bit in the end of motor but the motor is located inside above the slide but it's blocked by crown molding above the bedroom cabinets. If the motor failed I would really be in trouble, not to mention the only way in/out of the bedroom with slide closed would be the side window!

Mullins

Howdy, As it turned out my problem was not the motor as I thought as well; it was the gear box that sits in front of the motor. Been working great ever since I got it fixed..

bobca1

Howdy, As it turned out my problem was not the motor as I thought as well; it was the gear box that sits in front of the motor. Been working great ever since I got it fixed..
Thanks for the info, good to hear no more problems for you! I ran mine in and out a couple more times and it's working fine now...
Not sure what I can do now until it fails again. Will really be a bummer if it fails during a trip what do you guys do when a slide gets stuck extended and you have to vacate your spot!?? I might keep a temporary direct cable connected to the motor that way if it stops again I can measure voltage and/or apply power directly and determine if it's in the circuit or the motor/gearbox.

Mullins

Thanks for the info, good to hear no more problems for you! I ran mine in and out a couple more times and it's working fine now...
Not sure what I can do now until it fails again. Will really be a bummer if it fails during a trip what do you guys do when a slide gets stuck extended and you have to vacate your spot!?? I might keep a temporary direct cable connected to the motor that way if it stops again I can measure voltage and/or apply power directly and determine if it's in the circuit or the motor/gearbox.
What I found out while the gearbox was out of commission is that Hartland has a lousy design on where they put the motor gearbox; it sits above the slide, behind the facia so when the slide is retracted all the way there is no way to get to it unless you are very skinny to crawl up there, which I am not. I have no Idea how the repair shop got the slide out to work on it..

bobca1

What I found out while the gearbox was out of commission is that Hartland has a lousy design on where they put the motor gearbox; it sits above the slide, behind the facia so when the slide is retracted all the way there is no way to get to it unless you are very skinny to crawl up there, which I am not. I have no Idea how the repair shop got the slide out to work on it..
Yeah that was my assessment too looking at where the motor is. I read the slide out instructions first and it describes how to manually run the motor using a drill I thought cool! Until I saw where the motor is and seemingly no way to humanly get to it, I sure hope I don't have a problem with the motor or gearbox, I agree this is a real poor design.

bobca1

After working fine for almost past year, motor didn't work again today. This time the slide was all the way out I was trying to retract it, so I could get to the motor and found it was getting power. Tapped on the motor with a hammer a few times and voila it's working again, but for how long I don't know. Seems like I need to replace it. I will call heartland and see what it costs for a new one.