Bedroom Slide -- should I see the rollers?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Collective Heartland Owners' mind,

I feel very silly, I've been staring at this bedroom slide for 4 months on our BC 4010RD, and just realized that I may have a slide seal missing under the bedroom. Can you tell me, should I be able to see these rollers like this? We had bad sideways blowing wind/rain last night, and I discovered water on the carpet at the corners inside, so I started investigating how water could get in.

Let me know what I am seeing/not seeing here.

IMG_8905.jpg IMG_8906.jpg IMG_8910.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
E, our 2011 bedroom slide looks like yours. No water in 6 years.
But....shortly I am going to add a wiper seal for noise reduction.

Peace
Dave

wrgrs50s

It looks like the Bal Accuslide with the cables. Mine looks identical underneath and I have been fighting leaks since it was new. Every time I think I have found and fixed the leak it rains and there it is again, always on the outside corner. Previously only on one side, now on both sides, and it doesn't matter if the slide is open or closed. I am totally dumbfounded because I have caulked and recaulked, pulled the screws out of the edge caps and caulked and reinserted. I did find that one of them was rusty so I thought I found the culprit, but still leaking. Water is definitely not getting past the seals, I have already had them replaced under warranty trying to find the problem, and I have actually taped all the seals during a rain and still got water on the corners.

What is really puzzling is that when the slide is closed or in, the edges of the wall are totally dry, but the edge of the slide is wet on both front corners and it is totally dry everywhere else.

So, I am very interested in anyone that has found and fixed this type of slide leak.

mlpeloquin

I know that there is a seal under mine. The rollers have eaten a bit of it. I can hear the seal being grabbed slightly every time I open the bedroom slide. I do not know why the seal was mounted where the rollers can pull it under them. No leaks though.

Garypowell

My 3055 leaked like that. I did not catch it until floor damage. Same symptom with wet when open but dry closed.

The solution on mine was that the metal piece that holds the upper seal (attached to the body of rig above the slide) was not fully caulked up against the rig. Some of the attachment screws were loose to.

When the room was closed it proved pressure and held the assembly tight against the body and no leak. But with the bedroom extended the water could leak behind this metal piece and ended up in the rig. Not sure of how it got in but once I sealed that area the leaks went away.

Jim_Hull

Our 4010 RD looks just like that, but we have not had any leaks yet. We are in it this weekend and we have had a lot of rain yesterday and today without issue.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The bedroom slide on our Prowler looks just that with the rollers showing . . .

Haven't had any water get in yet . . . guess I'd better keep an eye on it, though!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks all, I guess I need to be more diligent to find the leak cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk