Bedroom Slide Wiper Seal

yepuhuh

Ok, I have search the internet trying to find a wiper seal for the bedroom slide out that is 2 1/4 wide and have had no success. Mine is torn at the very top on the front and rear of the bedroom and I have countless times used the recommended slide seal conditioner. On the these same corners there is a 90 degree angle piece of metal with screws in it. That didn't save the wiper seal from tearing.(Also at the bottom the seal is coming unglued and I am think a piece of alumunium with screws in it to hold it down)

I found only 1 site that put this wiper seal at 3.60 a foot! the top is 14 foot and the sides are 5 and I was even going to put some on the bottom ....That is 38 feet and very expensive plus on the cables you have to put a hole in it for them.

My question, why couldn't I use the same wiper seal that is like the other slide outs that utilize the D channel, or what would you do?

And calling Heartland is not an option either.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
This doesn't really answer your question, but several of my side seals with the "D" channel "melted" for lack of a better term. They turned into a gooey mess, stuck to the slide and pulled apart.

I have also procrastinated about replacing them, because the cheapest I could find them for is also around $3.00 per foot. Trace

yepuhuh

I've already changed out the D channel seals.....because they got all goey .... I think it must have been a bad batch of rubber from china most likely.....

yepuhuh

They would not sell direct to me. Sounds like a monopoly. Told me to go back to the original manufacturer.

yepuhuh

I called them and the man thought I was crazy and had no idea what the part number was for.. So I am back to finding another solution.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Here is a place that seems to have alot of seals, but their prices seem a little high. LINK
Trace

jimtoo

HI b4ubuyrv,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Thanks for the link.

Jim M